5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 GMC Sierra interior spied

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
2019 GMC Sierra Interior Spied Looking Identical To 2019 Silverado

Behold the 2019 GMC Sierra interior, caught partially undisguised by our spy shoots. That’s just about where the good news ends, and the bad disappointing news begins, since the pictures clearly show that the interior of GMC’s all-new truck looks exactly the same as the cabin introduced on the 2019 Silverado 1500.

Article continues here.

Looks like the GM camp isn't too impressed with the 2019 Silverado/Sierra interiors. I don't blame them as I think they really phoned it in, the previous Silverado/Sierra interiors looked better and they still weren't competitive.

R

Ryan

I think we should wait to see the Denali interior. That could be GMC's game changer.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
DarkSky said:
I think we should wait to see the Denali interior. That could be GMC's game changer.
It definitely could be although the overall shape wouldn't be different it could have features etc we haven't seen yet. I just don't think they've got it in them.

R

Ryan

Jared Balfour said:
It definitely could be although the overall shape wouldn't be different it could have features etc we haven't seen yet. I just don't think they've got it in them.
That center stack could accommodate a tall screen like Ram's with extra space to the side for controls and knobs. It would have to use much better materials throughout the cabin though.

Someone on another site got to sit in a new Ram and was sort of unimpressed with the regular models saying they felt barely different inside than the current truck. New design, yes, but materials didn't seem to be significantly updated. I hope that's not the case for the trucks that aren't Longhorns or Limiteds.

D

Deleted member 85

We saw Chevy's top trim Silverado's interior already. Currently an LTZ Chev's interior looks the same as a Denali IMO. GMC's problems surround horrendous material quality, god-awful infotainment system, and dated safety tech (which the DS Ram has been suffering from for a few years now also.) Styling is subjective, but everything else I've stated are facts.

I feel as though GMC has been riding on blind client loyalty to sell their trucks for the better part of a decade now, and people are finally done putting up with sub-par trucks.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
DarkSky said:
That center stack could accommodate a tall screen like Ram's with extra space to the side for controls and knobs. It would have to use much better materials throughout the cabin though.

Someone on another site got to sit in a new Ram and was sort of unimpressed with the regular models saying they felt barely different inside than the current truck. New design, yes, but materials didn't seem to be significantly updated. I hope that's not the case for the trucks that aren't Longhorns or Limiteds.
It definitely could house a larger screen but I've got some serious doubts as if they would do it. I saw that post you're referring to and to be fair that's the only post I've seen with someone saying they aren't too impressed with the 2019 Ram interior.

Ram already had everyone beat when it comes to interior materials on DS trucks and the GM twins were far behind. From what I've heard the new Silverado at least hasn't really advanced in materials quality. While the GMC should have nicer materials than the Silverado traditionally all we have seen is some small trim pieces being made out of actual metal as opposed to silver plastic but that's it.

GM spends more time telling is the Sierra is actually different from the Silverado than they do actually differentiating them.

R

Ryan

Jared Balfour said:
It definitely could house a larger screen but I've got some serious doubts as if they would do it. I saw that post you're referring to and to be fair that's the only post I've seen with someone saying they aren't too impressed with the 2019 Ram interior.

Ram already had everyone beat when it comes to interior materials on DS trucks and the GM twins were far behind. From what I've heard the new Silverado at least hasn't really advanced in materials quality. While the GMC should have nicer materials than the Silverado traditionally all we have seen is some small trim pieces being made out of actual metal as opposed to silver plastic but that's it.

GM spends more time telling is the Sierra is actually different from the Silverado than they do actually differentiating them.
It will definitely be something I need to decide for myself by actually being in one of those trucks. My worry is that they spent so much time on adding luxury features to Longhorn and Limited that they didn't make as big of leaps on the other models.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I definitely need to spend some time with the different models to decide as well.

D

Deleted member 85

DarkSky said:
It will definitely be something I need to decide for myself by actually being in one of those trucks. My worry is that they spent so much time on adding luxury features to Longhorn and Limited that they didn't make as big of leaps on the other models.
A Bighorn is not a luxury truck, nor does it try to be or ever has tried to be. Ram has always utilized "Laramie" as being the start of luxury within their trucks (Laramie, Laramie-Longhorn, Laramie-Limited). I don't feel as though it's fair to hold a Bighorn, or any cloth equipped truck, to the same luxury standards as the top trims. As I've said on AllPar many times - let the people who pay more get more.

R

Ryan

BobbiBigWheels said:
A Bighorn is not a luxury truck, nor does it try to be or ever has tried to be. Ram has always utilized "Laramie" as being the start of luxury within their trucks (Laramie, Laramie-Longhorn, Laramie-Limited). I don't feel as though it's fair to hold a Bighorn, or any cloth equipped truck, to the same luxury standards as the top trims. As I've said on AllPar many times - let the people who pay more get more.
No, of course it's not. I'd hope it would have improved materials over the current model though.

Users who are viewing this thread