5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 F150 Raptor gets some upgrades

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Ford is improving on their iconic F150 Raptor for 2019 with new technology, Recaro sport seats and some visual enhancements.

2019 Ford F150 Raptors electronically controlled “Live Valve” Fox Shocks (Ford Media)

The biggest enhancement for the 2019 F150 Raptor would be the addition of new electronically controlled “Live Valve” Fox shocks. Using sensors in the suspension and body of the truck these new Fox shocks continuously adjust damping based on driving conditions.

“By automatically varying compression rates, Raptor can now make the most of its suspension travel of 13 inches at the front and 13.9 inches at the rear,” said Hermann Salenbauch, global director of Ford Performance vehicle programs.​
For example, when the Raptor is in mid air, the sensors detect that and sets the dampers to full stiffness helping to smooth out shock performance when the truck lands.

2019 Ford F150 Raptor (Ford Media)

Ford has also introduced what they are calling Trail Control for 2019. Trail control works like a slow speed cruise control, is available from 1-20MPH and automatically adjusts power and braking to each individual wheel, allowing drivers to focus on steering over rough terrain,

2019 Ford F150 Raptor new beadlock capable wheel design (Ford Media)

Exterior wise the 2019 F150 Raptor also gets new beadlock capable wheels and a slightly changed rear tailgate applique with the Ford, F150 and Raptor lettering all now a lighter color to stand out more. Three new colors are available for 2019, Agate Black, Ford Performance Blue and Velocity blue.

2019 Ford F150 Raptor Recaro sport seats (Ford Media)

Rounding out the changes for 2019 are new optional Recaro sport seats. These seats provide aggressive support with generous bolstering in the seat back and cushion. These seats feature blue Alcantara inserts and stitching, inspired by the Ford GT supercar.

Stay tuned to NextF150 for all the latest F150 news and information.

https://nextf150.com/2018/07/30/201...shocks-recaro-sport-seats-and-other-upgrades/

RT70808

Reaction score
Not a fan of the Recaro seats, my wife’s 370z Nismo has them and while the car is fun to drive on short trips it’s uncomfortable compared to the previous touring Z that had comfortable leather seats.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I liked the Recaros before I gained weight. Now I find they dig into my sides too much and yes I know thats a me problem and not a Recaro problem. ;) Thats what I like about the SRT seats so much with every SRT vehicle I've been in. The seats hold you in place and are incredibly comfortable at the same time.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pretty Cool. I always love Recaros.. have the in my GT500 and if they are an option I always get them. Would have to see them in person in a Raptor. I actually likes the regular seats I had seen in the Raptor. I had a 13 Raptor and thought it was great.. except 9 miles a gallon. I paid under sticker for mine brand new and they got so hot in 2014 that people were paying over sticker for used ones. I sold mine. Thought about a new one but waiting for the 10 speed to get ironed out some more. May trade my 13 Laramie in on one once it is.

John813

Reaction score
They are a nice truck. Sadly, a majority of buyers now want it as a status truck instead of using it for it's purpose.
So many in S.FL that never see dirt. And since the demand is so high for it, the prices down here still ask for ADMs.

Waiting for the TR/TRX before getting back into the dirt. Compare both and go from there.

Users who are viewing this thread