5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019+ DT Hemifever tuning

Stryker6040

Reaction score
Anyone running Hemifever tuning on their 19+ DT? Havent used his tuning since my 2015 ram rebel a few years ago. I see he now offers trans tuning as well which wasnt available back then. Looking for some honest feedback.

josh

Reaction score
I got the engine and transmission tune I think it’s pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Stryker6040

Reaction score
I got the engine and transmission tune I think it’s pretty good

can you run the two independently of each other or are they combined into one file? I got trans tuning on my last truck 2016 ram 2500 6.7 is the 68rfe but never did like the way it shifted with anyone's tuning so I am leery on trans tuning now

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If your looking for more in depth info on hemifever. Get a hold of Matt at moes performance

josh

Reaction score
They are 2 separate files

Stryker6040

Reaction score
Anyone using hemifever tuning have an over sensitive throttle pedal with the tuning, he says he adjusts this so you dont have to change it but mine is so sensitive that by just putting it in reverse and giving it a little throttle the tires chirp

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^ I have heard about this in his tuning. I’m sure he can dial it back for ya.

popcenator

Reaction score
Yeah, just let him know it's too sensitive and he should have no issues with adjusting it to your liking. I've used HF on my 2012 and he has no issues making adjustments.

Stryker6040

Reaction score
Hemifever got me an updated tune to try so i will load that up before we leaving on our trip and see how it does

19smokey

Reaction score
Hemifever got me an updated tune to try so i will load that up before we leaving on our trip and see how it does
Any update? How are you liking the tunes on your truck? I’m on the fence on buying the t2 thru hemifever for the custom tunes. My truck has Borla s-type exhaust and will be getting a CAI if I get the tuner. Any big issues or do you love it?

Stryker6040

Reaction score
Any update? How are you liking the tunes on your truck? I’m on the fence on buying the t2 thru hemifever for the custom tunes. My truck has Borla s-type exhaust and will be getting a CAI if I get the tuner. Any big issues or do you love it?
Tunes make all the difference on these trucks. I have used both HF and JGR for tuning and they both work good. At the end of the day comes down to who you want to work with. originally I had an issue with the HF tunes being over sensitive on throttle response but he sent me some different files and adjusted it down to a usable level. they both offer trans tuning and you can tell the differences in their tunes for that but both are better than stock. No complaints with either. my Suggestion is get the t2 with the additional PCM so if you ever have to swap you can.

19smokey

Reaction score
Tunes make all the difference on these trucks. I have used both HF and JGR for tuning and they both work good. At the end of the day comes down to who you want to work with. originally I had an issue with the HF tunes being over sensitive on throttle response but he sent me some different files and adjusted it down to a usable level. they both offer trans tuning and you can tell the differences in their tunes for that but both are better than stock. No complaints with either. my Suggestion is get the t2 with the additional PCM so if you ever have to swap you can.
Thank you, Definitely getting the extra pcm, what differences do you notice between their trans tunes?

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not taking anything away from Jay,FRP, and a select others.
Right now, at moes performance. If you buy the ecm/tuner package you can get HF ecm & tcm tuned for 200$ which is really good deal.

edit: will add that’s free update tunes for bolt on mods down road too

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread