5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Air Suspension Height Modification

art1C6Limited

Reaction score
Could someone please educate me on a service issue?
I took possession of my 2019 Ram Limited in October and since then, I’ve been researching how to adjust the suspension to achieve a more level ride. I found some third-party level-links for $200 which I think is crazy, so when I read a post on this forum that said the dealer could use a WiTech(?) to make changes, I thought I’d give it a try - especially before adding any aftermarket product. I asked the dealer if they could raise the front ½” and lower the rear ½”. Their response was “we’ll try but the suspension heights are set based on towing, load, etc. and really shouldn’t be changed”. Their tone was like I should just not mess with it because it's complicated.

At the conclusion of this visit, my whole truck was raised 1 ¾”!! Now, normal mode is very near the top of the shock travel (very stiff ride) and I can no longer access OF1 or OF2 - obviously (Error, service suspension immediately). I’m driving around now in Aero mode which is quite high. When I asked the service tech to reset the changes, he said he couldn’t because he didn’t take measurements of my truck’s height when I brought it in so he has no way to put it back. Today my truck is BACK at the dealer for the 4th time to hopefully get it put back to the way I bought it. They said they were going to perform a “factory reset”. I have my doubts this will work. Aren’t there measurements the dealer can program into the system to restore the factory heights?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Could someone please educate me on a service issue?
I took possession of my 2019 Ram Limited in October and since then, I’ve been researching how to adjust the suspension to achieve a more level ride. I found some third-party level-links for $200 which I think is crazy, so when I read a post on this forum that said the dealer could use a WiTech(?) to make changes, I thought I’d give it a try - especially before adding any aftermarket product. I asked the dealer if they could raise the front ½” and lower the rear ½”. Their response was “we’ll try but the suspension heights are set based on towing, load, etc. and really shouldn’t be changed”. Their tone was like I should just not mess with it because it's complicated.

At the conclusion of this visit, my whole truck was raised 1 ¾”!! Now, normal mode is very near the top of the shock travel (very stiff ride) and I can no longer access OF1 or OF2 - obviously (Error, service suspension immediately). I’m driving around now in Aero mode which is quite high. When I asked the service tech to reset the changes, he said he couldn’t because he didn’t take measurements of my truck’s height when I brought it in so he has no way to put it back. Today my truck is BACK at the dealer for the 4th time to hopefully get it put back to the way I bought it. They said they were going to perform a “factory reset”. I have my doubts this will work. Aren’t there measurements the dealer can program into the system to restore the factory heights?

Wow, I tried this twice to get my ORG Aero mode lowered to the non-ORG height and both dealers said it couldn't be done. I may have to try again.

If you offered him a 12 pack, couldn't he get the settings from a non-modified truck on the lot and then just put those settings into yours?

Also, I do recall from months past that there were issues with the height settings being entered in metric vs. inches and one member had three sensors set to one standard and the fourth on the other. Obviously that caused issues. You might ask if they've got them all set to either mm or inches and then set the heights from there.

DanSkan

Reaction score
I'm still waiting to get some good information on what the WiTech program can do. I also have the ORG and wish I could get the aero mode lowered an additional inch to match the aero height on the non-ORG trucks for better MPG. I don't want to lose my 1" lift in normal, just lower the aero mode more.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you watch the video @202snowman posted below, you can see at around 1:54 they have some shots of Witech that clearly show the individual sensor readings. Others have posted that there are individual adjustments for each sensor and that may do exactly what we need. If someone has a friendly dealer willing to tolerate some digging, it seems like it's possible.
1549488855985.png

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/air-suspension-or-not.6491/post-93153

erb

Reaction score
DanSkan, have you, or anyone else found any means to use wiTech, or others methods successful in lowering ORG Aero mode by one inch?

jeffauclair

Reaction score
i just had my air suspension control module replace on warranty and now my truck is set as a ORG package, so 1 inch higher than was before. anyone know what dealer need to look at for making the change to the setting?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
i just had my air suspension control module replace on warranty and now my truck is set as a ORG package, so 1 inch higher than was before. anyone know what dealer need to look at for making the change to the setting?
Um...congratulations on the free lift! :)

jeffauclair

Reaction score
can someone have a picture of their RAM with air suspension on normal height setting so I can compare the front end distance between fender and tire at the middle point?

Users who are viewing this thread