5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 2500 Power Wagon 12" UConnect NAV Problems

Grayzliebear

Reaction score
I am searching for a way to get this frustrating issue resolved in my truck. Last October I purchased a very lightly used (24000 miles) 2019 2500 Power Wagon from a Ford dealership. They had gotten the truck on a trade and I snatched it up. The NAV system has shown me in a different state every time I turn it on and the reliability of the GPS signal is always zero. I have tried the dealership and they were absolutely zero help even though the same people own a RAM dealership just down the block . I called RAM customer service and was told I had to subscribe for nav to work (HUH?). I tried Uconnect customer service and they were even less help. I called a local RAM dealer and spoke to a mechanic but the response was for me to schedule an appointment and they could "look at it". I gave up on fixing it at that point. The problem just sat and burned in my mind for months. I had my dream truck and I wasn't getting any customer service on my issue from the manufacturer. A recent trip to New Orleans really made me wish I had a nav system running on this huge screen on the dash. I figured some of you fine folks may be more help. I have tried the battery disconnect for 30min, the driving in circles calibration procedure, and gone through all the settings multiple times. I know that this is a known issue for the 2019 12" UConnect systems. Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this issue?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am searching for a way to get this frustrating issue resolved in my truck. Last October I purchased a very lightly used (24000 miles) 2019 2500 Power Wagon from a Ford dealership. They had gotten the truck on a trade and I snatched it up. The NAV system has shown me in a different state every time I turn it on and the reliability of the GPS signal is always zero. I have tried the dealership and they were absolutely zero help even though the same people own a RAM dealership just down the block . I called RAM customer service and was told I had to subscribe for nav to work (HUH?). I tried Uconnect customer service and they were even less help. I called a local RAM dealer and spoke to a mechanic but the response was for me to schedule an appointment and they could "look at it". I gave up on fixing it at that point. The problem just sat and burned in my mind for months. I had my dream truck and I wasn't getting any customer service on my issue from the manufacturer. A recent trip to New Orleans really made me wish I had a nav system running on this huge screen on the dash. I figured some of you fine folks may be more help. I have tried the battery disconnect for 30min, the driving in circles calibration procedure, and gone through all the settings multiple times. I know that this is a known issue for the 2019 12" UConnect systems. Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this issue?

Hi Grayzliebear,

I'm sorry you haven't received much help from the dealer and call center teams! You typically need the current software version and map updates from HERE to support navigation services. However, we can help take a look into your vehicle information via private message to help steer in the right direction.

Steph
Ram Cares

MrRathman

Reaction score
Hi Grayzliebear,

I'm sorry you haven't received much help from the dealer and call center teams! You typically need the current software version and map updates from HERE to support navigation services. However, we can help take a look into your vehicle information via private message to help steer in the right direction.

Steph
Ram Cares
Mine is the same 2019 Power Wagon with xero GPS reliability. Can you help?

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have a read here.

Users who are viewing this thread