5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 1500 vs 2500

BmoreStew

Reaction score
I haven’t found any direct comparisons yet and I’m curious why someone would spend ~ the same cash for a 1500 over a 2500. Is it purely MPG/comfort vs capability? I don’t see much else different about them, feature wise, and I wonder if the ride quality of a lower spec’d 2500 (essentially the gas engine) wouldn’t be all that dissimilar from a 1500 that it wouldn’t be made up for by the increase in capability and, likely, durability.

I’m onboard for a 1500, because it meets my needs nearly 99% of the time (driving empty), but the handful of times that I need to move stone, brick, or as much firewood as’ll fit, it’d sure be nice to load up 2.5k lbs over 1.5k. I don’t know... i’m tempted. Wish there was a direct comparison review out there.

maddog49

Reaction score
You can look for the last generations. Basically it comes down to you will sacrifice ride quality and newer features for the ability to tow and load more. Drive them back to back and its pretty apparent why the 1500 is more expensive. Just depends on what your trying to do.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Payload and ride quality are the differences, you get one choice for each. But, The new 2500 trucks have coil spring rear also...and air suspension.

Overall length and fuel mileage are other reasons.

I have a 2500 for this reason...I haul more often than I tow, and haul while I tow.

My opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread