5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 inch rough country level kit install. Issues?

DK04

Reaction score
I recently leveled my 19 ram Laramie with the 2 inch rough country kit. All was good for about 2 months. As of this morning I hear a knocking sound from the front end every time I hit a bump. Is anyone having the same issue?

VARam

Reaction score
YES I am having the exact same issue... 2019 Laramie here as well.
The company in my town has put on many kits from RC in the past, but the owner is racking his head over where the noise is coming from.
They have tightened everything they know to tighten, but no change. Called Rough Country and they claim to not have heard of any issues.
Sounds like a hollow thumping sound on any bump, large or small.
We are trying a different kit Monday, so anxious to see how this works.
Love the look, hate this sound on this awesome truck...

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It isn't from the leveling kit. Check the TSB section as there is one out for this issue. It is one of the body mounts underneath causing the noise. Seems to happen more often turning at low speeds, especially when hitting a bump.

woody1209

Reaction score
I recently leveled my 19 ram Laramie with the 2 inch rough country kit. All was good for about 2 months. As of this morning I hear a knocking sound from the front end every time I hit a bump. Is anyone having the same issue?
I put a 2" leveling kit from moto fab on my 17 and 19 ram 1500 with no issues

DK04

Reaction score
It isn't from the leveling kit. Check the TSB section as there is one out for this issue. It is one of the body mounts underneath causing the noise. Seems to happen more often turning at low speeds, especially when hitting a bump.
Turns out the front sway bar became loose and was causing the noise.

VARam

Reaction score
Turns out the front sway bar became loose and was causing the noise.

We installed another leveling kit today and the noise is now gone. My guy said he would call RC and explain what it was doing.
Wish I had more details, but glad it's solved...

Boostfeen

Reaction score
We installed another leveling kit today and the noise is now gone. My guy said he would call RC and explain what it was doing.
Wish I had more details, but glad it's solved...
Installed another RC kit ? Or another brand?

VARam

Reaction score
Update... noise is back again... at this point no solution. Took it to the dealer and asked them not to call until fixed.

Reaction score
YES I am having the exact same issue... 2019 Laramie here as well.
The company in my town has put on many kits from RC in the past, but the owner is racking his head over where the noise is coming from.
They have tightened everything they know to tighten, but no change. Called Rough Country and they claim to not have heard of any issues.
Sounds like a hollow thumping sound on any bump, large or small.
We are trying a different kit Monday, so anxious to see how this works.
Love the look, hate this sound on this awesome truck...
I've seen reviews with the spacer cracking and may cause this issue.

chaz84

Reaction score
Update... noise is back again... at this point no solution. Took it to the dealer and asked them not to call until fixed.
I know this is an older post but did the dealer have a solution to this? I'm having same issue on my 19' Bighorn after having leveling kit installed. The shop i had do the install says they couldn't find anything loose.

Thecico3

Reaction score
Any update?? I just installed mine and I have exactly the same problem it's like a hollow thumpijt noise over small bumps. Its driving me insane! Its only got 10k miles on it!

bbarton76

Reaction score
I have the rough country 3.5 level kit. its doing the same thing but also shimmies when i hit bumps. wondering if the shock may not be returning all the way? heck IDK

Todd2319

Reaction score
I have the rough country 3.5 level kit. its doing the same thing but also shimmies when i hit bumps. wondering if the shock may not be returning all the way? heck IDK
Any update on this problem

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any update on this problem
The shock is probably bottoming out. With the preload spacer, the shock is already extended an extra 2” so it takes away the available down travel. That’s the problem with preload spacers.

Isopure24

Reaction score
Installed a Motofab 2inch and I’m having the same issue. Brand new install as in one week. Smh

kipeharris

Reaction score
I am on the edge of adding the 2.0 or 2.5 kit from Motofab. It seems like multiple people are having issues with their spacers no matter the manufacturer. Besides the sway bar being loose, has there been any other solutions???

I am just looking to Level my 2019 4X4 Crew Cab 1500, I will worry about tires etc later... I am a Realtor and drive in stop/go traffic most of the time, I have to be able to get a Grandma & Grandpa in my truck without worrying they might breaking a hip getting in or the ride being so rough her bladder leaks and she forgot her old lady britches that day BUT at the same time I dont want it looking like a old man truck....

I was waiting to install the 5100's but after reading the reviews it sounds like they ride "Stiff"?????

Thoughts on "aggressive" looking tires that will be on the street 98% of the time for a smooth ride and MPG??.... Powder Coat the wheels black?

Attachments

• Truck.jpeg
    Truck.jpeg
    223.3 KB · Views: 42

Nastynate

Reaction score
Anyone have any updates on a fix? Just installed a rough country 2” level on my 2019 and am getting the squeak, been torn apart twice, put back together, no squeak, next day squeak is back.

saturn298

Reaction score
Anyone have any updates on a fix? Just installed a rough country 2” level on my 2019 and am getting the squeak, been torn apart twice, put back together, no squeak, next day squeak is back.
did you do full replacement strut or the puck?

Users who are viewing this thread