5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st time Ram, 1st time ordered!

Neocane

Reaction score
Howdy all! I've been lurking on the forums for a bit and finally decided to step up and introduce myself. To begin with I am from Texas, Dallas area. Long time Silverado owner here, I've had 3 and one seriously beat-up old F150 for a short time. My current Silverado is an '04 and still runs like a top but is getting a bit "long in the tooth" if ya know what I mean. That being said, I got online and did the build and price thing for GMC, Silverado and Ram, in that order, never even bothered with Ford. All 3 were spec'd out pretty close to the same and Ram came in the most affordable! At first it was all about the price, but then the more I really looked at what FCA was offering in the new '19 Laramie, the more I liked not just the price point, but all the options and the looks of the new body style! I'm pretty sure I've watched just about EVERY video review on Youtube about the '19 Laramie, and a few of them more than once, lol! I went to the dealer and custom ordered a '19 Laramie on May 5th. I ordered the Laramie w/black appearance package, black leather interior, rambox's, 33 gal. tank, Lvl 2 group, 12" screen and just about everything else except the sunroof. I do the whole "chat with us" on the Ram site about once a week to get my status and I've been at "C" forever and still am. I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas at this point! I was told that after 45 days they would "send my order up for review if my status hadn't changed yet". I really hope that meant 45 days from the time I ordered my truck, lol! I've perused these forums enough to see that many others here are in the same boat, ouch!

RAM 4times

Reaction score
Howdy all! I've been lurking on the forums for a bit and finally decided to step up and introduce myself. To begin with I am from Texas, Dallas area. Long time Silverado owner here, I've had 3 and one seriously beat-up old F150 for a short time. My current Silverado is an '04 and still runs like a top but is getting a bit "long in the tooth" if ya know what I mean. That being said, I got online and did the build and price thing for GMC, Silverado and Ram, in that order, never even bothered with Ford. All 3 were spec'd out pretty close to the same and Ram came in the most affordable! At first it was all about the price, but then the more I really looked at what FCA was offering in the new '19 Laramie, the more I liked not just the price point, but all the options and the looks of the new body style! I'm pretty sure I've watched just about EVERY video review on Youtube about the '19 Laramie, and a few of them more than once, lol! I went to the dealer and custom ordered a '19 Laramie on May 5th. I ordered the Laramie w/black appearance package, black leather interior, rambox's, 33 gal. tank, Lvl 2 group, 12" screen and just about everything else except the sunroof. I do the whole "chat with us" on the Ram site about once a week to get my status and I've been at "C" forever and still am. I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas at this point! I was told that after 45 days they would "send my order up for review if my status hadn't changed yet". I really hope that meant 45 days from the time I ordered my truck, lol! I've perused these forums enough to see that many others here are in the same boat, ouch!
good to hear you ordered a ram. you will get a lot of good info from this forum. i think all of the brands look good but ram even before the 19's came out was always the better looking truck for me. if i had to go to my 2nd choice it would be the f-150. the 2 things that always bugged me about the 150 was the number pad on the drivers door. plus i still can't get used to that the front doors curve down toward the windshield. i'm sure i could get used to both of them but since i always like the rams more it really didn't matter. best of luck on getting your truck soon. i ordered 4-11 so i know it's going to be within the next couple of weeks for mine to come in.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats on the order! If you would have told me back at the beginning of January that I would have ordered and been waiting for a new Ram at this time I would have called you crazy. Honestly, last year I figured I would be driving a new f150 Platinum at this time. Like you said, after pricing out a new Ram and seeing the new looks and tech, it was an absolute no brainer for me. Now just sit back, relax, and hang out with us while waiting on your truck. You will learn patience and the wait will be worth it!

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome to the waiting club..take everything you get from Ram customer service with a grain of salt..I've been (a most others here) have been told different things at different times. Sit back and live vicariously through others lol.

Neocane

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Great info here, have already learned a bit! I still don't understand (after reading a few threads) how you track your vehicle order with jeepgarage, lol!

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Great info here, have already learned a bit! I still don't understand (after reading a few threads) how you track your vehicle order with jeepgarage, lol!

You sign up for at least a level 3 subscription there. After you pay via PayPal, a couple forums will unhide ...one is vehicle tracking, which has instructions.

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
Welcome, former Chevy guy, congrats on your order. I ordered mine Friday, so welcome to the wait crew to.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Its $25 USD

Neocane

Reaction score
I hope it isn’t much longer too! Hehe! I hit 45 days tomorrow!

Ryanww

Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has offered to check for you guys on here, since there are a few salesman on here

Neocane

Reaction score
That WOULD be awesome, but not gonna hold my breath! Lol!

Users who are viewing this thread