5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

14th year of production for Eagle 5.7L, a record?

smonska

Reaction score
The Eagle 5.7L Hemi, went into production in 2009, using the same heads, intake, etc at 395hp, with amazingly few year to year changes to 2022. I can't think of any other production engine that has remained that many years without perpetual modifications since the Model T. Just look at all the changes to the LS engines had in the last 14 model years, or a Dodge 360 from 1985 to 1999.

While engines like the Chevy SB, VW beetle, Buick 3.8, and Ford Windsor stayed in production for 40 years, there were significant changes every 2 to 5 years with different heads, cams induction, or accessory designs, etc. The 395hp Hemi has been using the same part numbers for an impressively long time!

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It certainly has been around for a while, what's really amazing is that it is still competative in terms of power and fuel economy of much newer engines. Of coarse the 8 speed transmission helped with that when it come out in 2013.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Nissan's VQ35DE and maybe the QR25DE have been around for a while now. maybe 21-22yrs at this point?

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's been a long run and I'm surprised they've been able to keep it competitive this long.

Ford's Modular (4.6L & 5.4L) engines were available since 1991 until 2014 I believe. Though I wouldn't call them competitive for their entire production run. More of a, we already paid for the tooling, lets see how long people will keep buying these boat anchors.

smonska

Reaction score
The Ford mod motors had a lot of changes between '91 and '14 (2V, 2V PI, 3V, etc), no particular engine model lasted more than 6 or 7 years.

That's what makes the '09- current hemi unique, AFAIK, they're parts swappable between a really wide year range.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here's a nice little video showing the changes to it over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread