5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12V pickup???

Hihosilver

Reaction score
Where can I tie into 12v source? Preferably near center area between front seats or underneath rear seat. Installing a mobile DVR with motion and infrared cameras. Will be able to remotely monitor exterior and interior of truck along with wifi/cellular connectivity and GPS tracking. Using my truck as a demo for high value cargo and personnel tracking. Business partner is extending business in U.S.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
What @2019REBEL said above. Buy a few fuse taps and the connections are simple. I have my radar detector and Blackvue dash cam both wired directly into the fuse panel with fuse taps. You will need 2 - one for constant power source and the other for IGN switched 12V power. There is a ground screw near the fuse panel for your ground connections.

Hihosilver

Reaction score
What @2019REBEL said above. Buy a few fuse taps and the connections are simple. I have my radar detector and Blackvue dash cam both wired directly into the fuse panel with fuse taps. You will need 2 - one for constant power source and the other for IGN switched 12V power. There is a ground screw near the fuse panel for your ground connections.
Thanks much, will check it out

Users who are viewing this thread