5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12 volt Battery swap

Ducatidoc1

Reaction score
I did a swap of the battery yesterday morning. After starting, lost brake lights, and a bunch of lights came on on the dash, including engine fault, traction control, collision warning, ABS, and one other that I dont even know what it is... When searching the forum, they say all will clear after driving. Not so for me, I did over 80 mi's today and the lights are still on on the dash. Thankfully the break lights have returned though.
This is a 21 1500 Laramie e-torque with 25k on the clock, and yes the factory battery was toast at 6.4 volts, hence the replacement.
Your thoughts???

The other light is stability control, and if i use remote start, it starts, but shuts down a minute later.
Help please...

Took me 3 drive cycles (and it sat overnight).

Surprised you were able to get your battery discharged down to 6.4V!!! Mine wouldn't start at 10.5V.

At this point you have nothing to lose by disconnecting the battery for a half hour or so and then reconnecting. Battery swaps very very rarely cause any real issues.

Also check grounding and for water in the tail lights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Back