5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12" upgrade from non nav 8.4

spaniel43

Reaction score
I have a 2020 1500 Laramie that has a non nav radio unit. It does have apple play Android auto and Sirius.
Does this truck already have a GPS antenna for my pending upgrade to 12" nav? Or do I need an aftermarket GPS antenna?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As far as I am aware you will need a source for the gps. I’ve seen several folks go from non nav 8.4 to the 12” with nav screens. Until that cost comes down and it’s not laggy, I’m going to hold off. Good luck and please keep us posted as to what you find.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2020 1500 Laramie that has a non nav radio unit. It does have apple play Android auto and Sirius.
Does this truck already have a GPS antenna for my pending upgrade to 12" nav? Or do I need an aftermarket GPS antenna?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
The antenna is going to be in the new radio module. You don't need to buy a GPS antenna.
The only antenna you need is a SeriousXM antenna if your truck is not equipped with it.

spaniel43

Reaction score
Ding ding ding, you win the prize. Installed a 12" unit in place of non nav unit. Everything (almost) went perfectly. Your GPS antenna reply was spot on

Users who are viewing this thread