5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12" UConnect 4 screen flickering and non responsive. Is there a solution?

ImEngineer

Reaction score
My 2019 1500 with the 12" UConnect 4 screen intermittently flickers and becomes non responsive. Sometimes restarting the truck fixes the issue, but it usually comes back within a few days. I disconnected the battery overnight, and that seemed to fix the issue for a few weeks, but the problem persists. I also updated the software to 40.1, that didn't work either.

I have read plenty forums on the issue, but have not found any definitive solutions. Is there a sure-fire solution? This seems to be a common enough problem that there should be a pattern to the cause and therefore the solution.
IMG_6529.jpeg

ImEngineer

Reaction score
I had the following work done on the radio last year. It temporary fixed the issue, but clearly was not the definitive solution.

I can't remember, and I can't tell based on this invoice if they replaced the screen or the radio gateway module or something else.

IMG_6558.jpeg

ImEngineer

Reaction score
RESOLUTION: In case anyone is wondering, the dealer has now diagnosed the screen as failing internally. Since they replaced only the radio module before, and not the screen, the dealer initially told me this repair would not be covered under warranty. $1800. However, I asked if they would be able to replace it under warranty anyways under Goodwill. After waiting a couple days for a reply from a regional warranty manager, they said they would replace the screen under warranty since they could see based on my previous repair orders that this has been an issue with the truck since brand new.

Users who are viewing this thread