5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12 inch UCONN locked & disabled when it won't release phone call

DDD

Reaction score
2020 RAM 1500, Laramie, 17,000 miles. I'm having several problems with the 12 inch but the worst is when concluding a paired, hands free phone call, the system will not release the call & completely disables/locks out all other related functions (NAV, Media, climate etc.). The call is disconnected on the phone side normally but UConn holds on. The phone timer continues - forever. Nothing breaks the trap, not turning off Bluetooth, or the phone, or distancing the phone from the RAM... nothing. Switching the vehicle OFF will shut down the engine but accessory stays on because it still thinks you're on a phone call. The next morning you have a dead BATT & when you charge up, guess what, the same phone call is still trapped. Now I must disconnect the BATT overnight when the problem hits. You've probably guessed that the issue resurrects when I reconnect in the morning. Ironically, the most recent failure occurred during a phone call to the RAM dealer so I immediately drove it to them. With their own phone id glaring at them from the display, they haplessly fumbled & failed to rectify the problem & even learned additional features were also disabled, like the code diagnostic port. They took video of the dilemma for HQ. Unapologetically HQ said I needed a new radio... the 2nd within 6 months. Anyone have similar experience? Solutions?

Users who are viewing this thread