5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12 inch screen prolems

Ken Hupp

Reaction score
I have a limited 2019 crew cab with the new large screen radio. One day it rebooted four times while driving. Sometimes I have sound and no picture. Other times picture and no sound. If I stop the truck and shut off engine and then restart radio works like it should. I was told they know about this and a fix was in the works. Has this happened to anyone else.

Heinzy21

Reaction score
Yes, my screen sometimes just stays black or I will see a menu only on the bottom half with no way to get out of the menu. It's happened about 8 times. More frequently now. I have 1600 miles on my limited.

Lexcorp Inc

Reaction score
Yes, my screen sometimes just stays black or I will see a menu only on the bottom half with no way to get out of the menu. It's happened about 8 times. More frequently now. I have 1600 miles on my limited.
I just hit 1k miles and mine went black except for the lower menu and was locked up until I shut it off and restarted it. I thought I had gotten lucky for a month or so....

NewRAMGuy

Reaction score
My screen starts to blink after about 30 minutes of turning the truck on. I tap on the screen or the top of the unit and it goes away, some time all together or just temporarily. If I don't tap on the unit it blanks out all together but the sound still works. It started when I got around 1300 miles on the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread