5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12 inch glitch

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I do not find this a huge deal, and was very weary of posting it because I can think of 3 subscribers that will say "Ford wouldn't have done that" lol but, this is what a glitch looks like on the big screen. It took turning off the truck to get it to refresh. Maybe someone knows how to reboot this thing if I was on the highway and didn't want to pull over? Appreciate any feedback!

btw, the running boards (if the audio isn't turned up enough) did extend out, just didn't light up on the screen.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
yikes....I feel like an idiot. Is there a way to post videos?

ryelinek

Reaction score
I haven’t had a “freeze” yet on my screen but it did reset just one time during a drive. It went black for about 15 seconds then reset and came back on. My Cadillac did that every so often. If thats the worst of it I’ll survive hah.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Someone on here some where stated how to reset it

ryelinek

Reaction score
My favorite part was when you ran your finger down the bottoms like a child in an elevator hah

Kramersp

Reaction score
I do not find this a huge deal, and was very weary of posting it because I can think of 3 subscribers that will say "Ford wouldn't have done that" lol but, this is what a glitch looks like on the big screen. It took turning off the truck to get it to refresh. Maybe someone knows how to reboot this thing if I was on the highway and didn't want to pull over? Appreciate any feedback!

btw, the running boards (if the audio isn't turned up enough) did extend out, just didn't light up on the screen.

A Ford wouldn't do that.

J/K. My ford has had a few glitches and obviously doesnt have the cool 12" screen. Hope the reset worked! Cant wait to get my Ram!

ewag

Reaction score
“Press and hold the volume and tune knobs at the same time with the truck running until the system reboots itself. Thats for the soft reset.”

Did this VOL + TUNE soft reset work for anyone? Did nothing for me while my screen was frozen.

My 12” screen locked up very similar to what alwi228 posted. I was adjusting my fan speed and at that instant the screen was locked. The physical buttons outside of the screen worked, but the VOL and TUNE did not. Power button, must, screen off .... nothing worked. I couldn’t make anything change from the steering wheel either. Shut truck off, opened door, closed door, restarted ——- same screen issue.

Got home and after about an hour went out to check on it, and everything seemed OK. Strange! Would like to understand what happened, or how to “fix” it again.

Users who are viewing this thread