5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12.1 Uconnect Gremlins

AbitaPro

Reaction score
Really enjoying my new 2019 Ram 1500 Limited.

I bought for the Comfort,not the Technology. Unfortunately you can’t get one without the other.

The issue.

UCONNECT 12.1 System

Lately my Truck seems to be Haunted, and it’s not even October or Halloween .

I use an iPhone 7Plus and listen through Bluetooth to songs on the phone, via UCONNECT radio.

But a couple times lately, my phone is connected via BT and playing a song and SUDDENLY another song starts playing simultaneously!

Turns out it’s SIRIUS.

Not sure what station but it plays Sirius along with whatever song I am playing through Bluetooth, both at same time!

I turn radio off, completely OFF and the SIRIUS still is PLAYING and IMPOSSIBLE to Turn OFF!

When I use my phone to record what’s happening, the UCONNECT radio says Music Paused! But it’s only Pausing my phones Bluetooth. Sirius is still PLAYING!

RammyShand

Reaction score
Take it from someone who has had over 40+ vehicles (never had a vehicle longer than 18-24 months), I've had connectivity gremlins in ALL of them. With that said, from Range Rover to Audi, to BMW to Caddy Escalade, UConnect is the absolute best PERIOD!

Speaking of UConnect technology gremlins, today I experienced a technology gremlin that I fixed with a power button off and then on....no biggie.

AbitaPro

Reaction score
Take it from someone who has had over 40+ vehicles (never had a vehicle longer than 18-24 months), I've had connectivity gremlins in ALL of them. With that said, from Range Rover to Audi, to BMW to Caddy Escalade, UConnect is the absolute best PERIOD!

Speaking of UConnect technology gremlins, today I experienced a technology gremlin that I fixed with a power button off and then on....no biggie.

It’s happened just 2-3 times so far. I just put it out on the inner web to see if anyone else has had a similar issue.

I don’t know if it’s (UConnect) the best, can’t say, but I’m very pleased in most every aspect of this new 2019 Ram Limited.

I “Gar-on-tee” as Justin Wilson would say, that’s it’s the best designed, best riding, best driving and most comfortable Truck I’ve ever owned or rode in PERIOD.

JasonB

Reaction score
Mine played sirus and bluetooth at the same time twice now when i started the truck and bluetooth already selected, just switched to sirius and back to bluetooth and problem was resolved

AbitaPro

Reaction score
Mine played sirus and bluetooth at the same time twice now when i started the truck and bluetooth already selected, just switched to sirius and back to bluetooth and problem was resolved
I will try that. The first few times it’s happened, I wasn’t sure what was playing, just music, then I heard a commercial, it was Sirius.

ram2100

Reaction score
Mine is playing an FM station over Bluetooth and over the USB music. It happens about every 2 or 3 starts of the truck, it will just pick a random FM station and bind that to the bluetooth and usb and there's no way to stop it other than letting the truck sit turned off for a while. Plays XM fine, plays FM and AM fine, the moment you go back to USB or bluetooth, you hear two things. It's not even the station that the FM is tuned to... so weird. I know it's playing FM and not XM because there's static in it.

shrubs2000

Reaction score
I will try that. The first few times it’s happened, I wasn’t sure what was playing, just music, then I heard a commercial, it was Sirius.

Mine is playing the XM infomercial wanting me to subscribe. Funny since I'm already have a subscription.

I wonder if Sirius/XM pushed an update that started all this.....

James1414d

Reaction score
My truck has done the same some times. I use a Samsung note8. I believe I was using android auto at the time.
Another issue is the volume being stuck in one position. I can turn the volume knob and it shows the volume going up on the screen, but it does nothing. It sounds like its using the nav guidance volume settings because it is also in mono.

JasonB

Reaction score
Mine only did it the two times... no issues since

rsmeanie

Reaction score
I just noticed this problem a few days ago. I installed an Echo Auto and it uses BT. I started hearing two songs playing at the same time and couldn't figure our why. Now I know I'm not alone.

boofizzle

Reaction score
Just checking in, mine does the same thing with an iphone. Usually plays both iphone and sirius channel simultaneously. Usually on startup, but has happened at random times.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My most recent gremlin is whenever I plug in the usb c to my note 8 it will auto play a random song out of my album. I have not changed one setting either on the phone or within uconnect so I am at a complete loss. To avoid having this happen its been all wireless charging and bluetooth connection recently for me.

Stickerhead

Reaction score
Well mine has the gremlin also. I have a memory stick plugged in USB2. Sirius is playing over the top on my music on the stick. Push Sirius button then push USB2 and Sirius goes away. Done it twice today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbbeeennnjjjeee

Reaction score
Really enjoying my new 2019 Ram 1500 Limited.

I bought for the Comfort,not the Technology. Unfortunately you can’t get one without the other.

The issue.

UCONNECT 12.1 System

Lately my Truck seems to be Haunted, and it’s not even October or Halloween .

I use an iPhone 7Plus and listen through Bluetooth to songs on the phone, via UCONNECT radio.

But a couple times lately, my phone is connected via BT and playing a song and SUDDENLY another song starts playing simultaneously!

Turns out it’s SIRIUS.

Not sure what station but it plays Sirius along with whatever song I am playing through Bluetooth, both at same time!

I turn radio off, completely OFF and the SIRIUS still is PLAYING and IMPOSSIBLE to Turn OFF!

When I use my phone to record what’s happening, the UCONNECT radio says Music Paused! But it’s only Pausing my phones Bluetooth. Sirius is still PLAYING!
Mine just did it too. Turns out there is nothing good on Sirius, even when it's playing underneath my music.

stevestrike

Reaction score
There's another thread on this same issue.

It started happening to me, randomly but usually when I'm in and out of the truck like running in for groceries, getting gas, and I start the truck for the 2nd/3rd time. A Sirius station (sports of some sort) will play even though bluetooth is selected as the source. The quickest/only fix seems to be changing the source to XM, then back to bluetooth.

Diddy Sanchez

Reaction score
There's another thread on this same issue.

It started happening to me, randomly but usually when I'm in and out of the truck like running in for groceries, getting gas, and I start the truck for the 2nd/3rd time. A Sirius station (sports of some sort) will play even though bluetooth is selected as the source. The quickest/only fix seems to be changing the source to XM, then back to bluetooth.
Yeah, mine always does the sports station too! But that trick works every time. Select Sirius from the source menu, then re select your phone as the music input!

bpm

Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing. Playing Sirius over top of bluetooth streaming from iOS.

Stickerhead

Reaction score
Here is a new one. Went to the local HD and was listening to Sirius XM. Went in side, came out and Sirius was not option on my radio. Turned the engine off, open door and waited, Sirius showed up again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aametzger

Reaction score
I have also experienced the same Sirius playing issue too, multiple times in the month I have owned it. for me its when I am using carplay with my iPhone XS Max. The same fix mentioned above, select Sirius and then switch back. Interestingly it's always some channel and not even the one that I was most recently using on Sirius. I was telling my wife about it and she said her Pacifica used to do the same thing until it got a uconnect update at the dealer when there for another issue. She said it hasn't happened since and thats been months ago. I would expect an update coming to resolve for us.

Users who are viewing this thread