5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

0-60 Speeds

rrbhokies

Reaction score
I know that with a truck, 0-60 speeds aren't of the upmost importance. However, I was curious if there have been timings (preferably real-world) for 0-60 speeds between the V6, V8 and V8 eTorque engines? I'm coming from a V8 5.7 Hemi Charger, so occassionally I like to go vroom vroom and would like to know which ones are faster off the line (not towing anything). I'm particularly interested to know if there is any real difference in 0-60 between the V8 engines with and without the etorque. I don't tow anything (maybe jet skis in the future), so I'm debating whether the eTorque is worth the extra money, especially if it doesn't improve the 0-60 time.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I know that with a truck, 0-60 speeds aren't of the upmost importance. However, I was curious if there have been timings (preferably real-world) for 0-60 speeds between the V6, V8 and V8 eTorque engines? I'm coming from a V8 5.7 Hemi Charger, so occassionally I like to go vroom vroom and would like to know which ones are faster off the line (not towing anything). I'm particularly interested to know if there is any real difference in 0-60 between the V8 engines with and without the etorque. I don't tow anything (maybe jet skis in the future), so I'm debating whether the eTorque is worth the extra money, especially if it doesn't improve the 0-60 time.
Pretty sure there's not difference with or without eTorque. The additional torque is to help with the start/stop system as far as I know (saw a RAM engineer explain this online). I'll see if I can find the video.

Cheers,

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The vroom vroom is not very impressive on my 2019 Hemi, non eTorque, 3.92. And I’m coming from a Pentastar v6 Laramie.

Not what I bought it for so I’m ok with that.

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
Specs say 0 to 60 in 6.1s for a Laramie with the 5.7.

I’m in a ‘19 Big Horn and can definitely notice it being noticeably quicker than my ‘17.

It’s definitely not built for speed. But the V8 rumble is so satisfying that all is forgiven. Like above, it wasn’t bought for speed... that’s what my future project is going to be for. :D

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There's plenty of empirical data out there for ya, check out some car review sites (motortrend, car and driver, edmunds, etc). The eTorque adds zero benefit to the 0-60 time, or any other measure of acceleration for that matter. It can provide up to 130lbs-ft applied at the crank to help get the truck rolling from a stop while the engine is re-starting, that's it.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
My Pentastar V-6 eTorque works flawlessly and I'm very happy with it. This is a good video for someone who wants t understand how eTorque works.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there any particular Android app that I could run on my smartphone that would give me a reasonably accurate figure? One that is known to be particularly good or preferred?

Users who are viewing this thread