5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

J
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi. I'm in the market to purchase a lightly used 5th gen 1500, and one of the features I want is the overhead-view when backing up which is not available with tow mirrors. I see that you have replaced your tow mirrors with the standard mirrors, and updated the truck settings with AlphaOBD.

When you did the update does the overhead "God" view work correctly as well?

Thanks
    D
    derp
    unfortunately, surround view requires both the regular mirrors with integrated cams, front cam, and an additional module that connects the images together before sending it to the head unit. This of course is on top of the software change to enable the other mirror functions and the door panel modules per mirror for the folding etc.
    D
    derp
    D
    derp
    no doubt it will be more labor intensive to do this than the stock solution. The parts will be cheaper and the labor will all be stuff I can do myself without involving the dealer. I also think the gear itself is cheap enough to take the gamble on. having a 360cam dvr would also help with my overall goal of dashcamming.
    Send me your VIN. I will see if I can get you a pin code. Only good for a short time. Use AlfaOBD for RF Hub reset and see if it works. Make sure your bcm has the passive entry added. Your used key will probably not program but the RF Hub reset should read the bcm and activate the passive entry in your RF Hub. Do this asap.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…