5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eTorque Hemi Oil Filter

steveved

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the eTorque engine uses the same oil filter as the non-eTorque engine?

I don't want to assume anything...

LaRamie

Reaction score
I wish I checked when I was at the dealer today, it's been on my mind too but i decided not to since I knew I had plenty of time. I wish they would get the parts look up going online

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Little other info on oil filter. As I believe another somewhere mentioned on this forum. I was able to install MY2011 Ram hemi oil filter. Which approximately twice the size that’s on our hemi. It’s tight fit, but no fighting,breaking, or removing anything. Still some room to grip it on and off. For me, peace of mind if nothing else.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you read up about filter construction you will use the new
Mobil M1-113A

Ten bucks at Walmart, perhaps the best made oil filter ever.
Wow...the M1-113A EP filter cost me $32 for a 2-pack on Amazon. Granted, that was with free one-day shipping. $10 is a screaming deal! Unfortunately, and surprisingly, my Wal-Mart didn't have those or Pennzoil Ultra Platinum in stock :(

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you read up about filter construction you will use the new
Mobil M1-113A

Ten bucks at Walmart, perhaps the best made oil filter ever.

That's what I had put on Monday. 15 bucks at advance Auto. 10 bucks is a great price.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ll be at Wally mart in a few days for next oil change. Believe last time I was there it was around $10 or more then that I don’t think much more. I was also looking up filters for ‘11 hemi not ‘19 so I’m thinking the 19 one was more..... Ugh now I’m curious about that, my old *** doesn’t remember. Haha

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow...the M1-113A EP filter cost me $32 for a 2-pack on Amazon. Granted, that was with free one-day shipping. $10 is a screaming deal! Unfortunately, and surprisingly, my Wal-Mart didn't have those or Pennzoil Ultra Platinum in stock :(

Seems like Amazon could be relied on for competitive prices, but that hasn't been my experience the past few years.

I'm finding the same items cheaper elsewhere like Walmart.com or directly from vendors.

NINJA

Reaction score
- Here's what I found when I researched the same issue.
- I have a 2020 Ram Rebel 5.7 eTorque.
- I had no issues purchasing all of this through Amazon. All was timely delivered in 2-3 days.
- Personally, I had not heard of "The Royal Purple 10-48 Extended Life Premium Oil Filter" previously. But in reading the specs, the Micron Rating for this filter is 25, where the Mopar OEM Oil filter rating [and several other oil filters] are rated @ 20. [You get what you pay for!] And, it was only $2-3 more.]
- If you take care of your truck with frequent maintenance and based upon how it is used [i.e. towing/off-roading, etc] it could make a difference. And $2-3 extra after what we all paid for the Rebel is nothing IMO.
- Just some thoughts.

Attachments

• Highest Rated Oil & Filter for 5.7L Engine.pdf
    289.3 KB · Views: 38

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
M1 210 oil filter I run, rated at 30 mics at 99.6 efficient. Seems backwards though.......9.50 at wallymart. Does it do that much more or less and that much better or worse then mopar or others. Idk, when others and mopar are around $8 or even srt filter for a good amount more for same size/design. I’ll take the M1.

As, I’m sure I’ll get burned for this cause I didn’t do oil analysis. When I’ve check oil level per 1k from M1 to mopar I’ve used. M1 stayed cleaner, longer per intervals. Again, not science just my perspective and what my eyes have seen.

Last edited:

dwalme

Reaction score
Everyone will have an opinion on this.

Just picked up a FRAM Ultra Synthetic XG10060 for $9 at Walmart for my Hemi eTorque.

From reading on Bobistheoilguy.com it'll be hard to find a better filter for the money (or period really).

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Everyone will have an opinion on this.

Just picked up a FRAM Ultra Synthetic XG10060 for $9 at Walmart for my Hemi eTorque.

From reading on Bobistheoilguy.com it'll be hard to find a better filter for the money (or period really).
$7.88 on Amazon. But I got the ToughGuard Fram this time for like $6...just to try it out.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I like the WIX-XP filters. For the money, they can't be beat. The Mobil 1 oil filters at Walmart have always been $10 as long as I can remember. I used to buy them, but then watched several oil filter videos and the WIX-XP was one of the most highly rated...even more so than the Royal Purple. I pay like $7 on Rock Auto and buy 4 at a time.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
- Here's what I found when I researched the same issue.
- I have a 2020 Ram Rebel 5.7 eTorque.
- I had no issues purchasing all of this through Amazon. All was timely delivered in 2-3 days.
- Personally, I had not heard of "The Royal Purple 10-48 Extended Life Premium Oil Filter" previously. But in reading the specs, the Micron Rating for this filter is 25, where the Mopar OEM Oil filter rating [and several other oil filters] are rated @ 20. [You get what you pay for!] And, it was only $2-3 more.]
- If you take care of your truck with frequent maintenance and based upon how it is used [i.e. towing/off-roading, etc] it could make a difference. And $2-3 extra after what we all paid for the Rebel is nothing IMO.
- Just some thoughts.
Just to be clear...lower micron ratings are better.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just to be clear...lower micron ratings are better.
And just to be cleared...whether you use a 15-20 micron filter, or a 40 micron filter, your engine will last just as long. I suggest that folks try not to get too far into the weeds when it comes to filters. Select a quality filter with synthetic or synthetic blend material and a high quality anti-drain valve and call it a day. The MOPAR OEM filter is actually not a bad filter. As I stated before, I like the WIX-XP...great filter, high quality and costs about $7 on-line. I used to buy the Mobil 1 at Walmart for $10. But, when I say the YouTube videos of the cut-aways of several top-tier filters (including the WIX-XP), the WIX was my clear choice. Spending anything more than $10 on an oil filter is just plain ****** IMPO and Royal Purple is HUGELY overrated!!!

Runagun

Reaction score
And just to be cleared...whether you use a 15-20 micron filter, or a 40 micron filter, your engine will last just as long. I suggest that folks try not to get too far into the weeds when it comes to filters. Select a quality filter with synthetic or synthetic blend material and a high quality anti-drain valve and call it a day. The MOPAR OEM filter is actually not a bad filter. As I stated before, I like the WIX-XP...great filter, high quality and costs about $7 on-line. I used to buy the Mobil 1 at Walmart for $10. But, when I say the YouTube videos of the cut-aways of several top-tier filters (including the WIX-XP), the WIX was my clear choice. Spending anything more than $10 on an oil filter is just plain ****** IMPO and Royal Purple is HUGELY overrated!!!
Yeah, I don't agree with that. I personally use Amsoil for everything. For Filters you have to make sure manufacturers are using the same test. And the better percentage of filtration of 20 microns or less cause the least wear in a motor. A bad filter will destroy you motor in no time. You spent 60+k on your truck your going to nickel and Dime your filter? To each our own. Enjoy the heck out of the truck. Everyone that rides in it loves it.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't agree with that. I personally use Amsoil for everything. For Filters you have to make sure manufacturers are using the same test. And the better percentage of filtration of 20 microns or less cause the least wear in a motor. A bad filter will destroy you motor in no time. You spent 60+k on your truck your going to nickel and Dime your filter? To each our own. Enjoy the heck out of the truck. Everyone that rides in it loves it.
We can agree to disagree. Any HIGH QUALITY filter and oil will allow your engine to last forever. I am not saying to use a "crap" filter. But even the OEM filter changed out every 5K miles with a high quality 5W20 full synthetic will have zero issues. If spending all of that money for Amsoil makes you feel better, then do it. I used to be that way and became a distributor when I was 20 years younger. Then I realized that Mobil 1, Pennzoil Platinum, Valvoline, Castrol, etc. (all very high quality oils) used with a solid filter like a $10 Mobil 1 or a WIX-XP will yield the same results at less than half the cost. I researched the crap out filters and selected the WIX-XP as my go-to for excellent protection. I can guarantee you that using a MOPAR filter with a good quality oil, versus Amsoil with a $20 filter, will net the same long-term results. Your truck will not fail based on engine wear and lubricity, but everything else that will ultimately go wrong as the truck ages.

Users who are viewing this thread