5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel C-Code Blues

TimG

Reaction score
Has anyone's Rebel build made it out of C-Code yet? Mines been sitting there for 31 days now.

FLG8R

Reaction score
Has anyone's Rebel build made it out of C-Code yet? Mines been sitting there for 31 days now.
Here is a rather lenghty response that I'm involved with. Ordered my Rebel QC on March 7th and it made it to ( I ) status on April 27th. It sat there until May 18th when I was informed it had suffered frame damage so they were building me another. This they did as I was issued a new VON and VIN number which I tracked from ( BA ) status on May 18th to (you guessed it) ( I ) status on May 25th which is where I sit now. Have tried in vain to get some answers about these Rebels but no ones talking. Told my dealer I am not giving up just yet so will wait some more.

Craftman

Reaction score
I think they have only made a few rebels for some reason. They have one silver one that gets passed around to the Youtube car review folks and a white one that went to car shows.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
At least you guys ordered one. We can't(Canadians) order one with the E-torque or Ramboxes which is what I want.

FLG8R

Reaction score
At least you guys ordered one. We can't(Canadians) order one with the E-torque or Ramboxes which is what I want.
I notice quite a few members are itching for that E-torque. As the owner of a 2017 GC besides my Ram Sport let me offer this up to you. By going with the E-torque I'm sure you're aware that it will come with Stop/Start. Fortunately I found a way to defeat it on my GC because all it did was scare the hell out of me every time I came to a stop and looked at my tach with no reading. I'd punch the start button like an idiot thinking it stalled. Yes, there is a button to disable it but more often than not whenever I'd get in it my mind was on something else and I would forget to shut it off. My thoughts always went to being in the middle of an intersection where the light was about to change and you had to make that quick decision. Could I trust this system to respond as needed? I just don't want to be in a situation to find out. Why did I buy this vehicle you may ask. Because I had no idea it came this way. In all honesty I would never had made this purchase. I do love this vehicle now that I have the system permanately disabled though. Size wise I couldn't ask for a better SUV to put in my garage.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How did you permanently disable it?

I agree, in general, about most start/stop systems as I drive a lot of rental cars and they stink. One of the promised benefits of eTorque is that it uses the motor/generator to restart the engine 50% faster and give you all electric low-end boost to get going.
Another factor in other cars stinking is their 4 or 6 cylinder engines restarting like they are on their last leg, but the mass modules on the new Ram should smooth that out as well.
Granted, all of us on here are taking a leap of faith in ordering, but I can envision this actually being drivable.

FLG8R

Reaction score
How did you permanently disable it?

I agree, in general, about most start/stop systems as I drive a lot of rental cars and they stink. One of the promised benefits of eTorque is that it uses the motor/generator to restart the engine 50% faster and give you all electric low-end boost to get going.
Another factor in other cars stinking is their 4 or 6 cylinder engines restarting like they are on their last leg, but the mass modules on the new Ram should smooth that out as well.
Granted, all of us on here are taking a leap of faith in ordering, but I can envision this actually being drivable.
I posted it in another thread and kick myself for doing so because it could be misused and result in problems for those who elect to follow it.

FLG8R

Reaction score

Spe1996

Reaction score
NO module, NO money! Simple procedure with a total cost of $0.
It would be great if you could create a separate post, I went back but was unable to find your simple procedure. Free and simple is definitely worth a look.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm betting its similar to what I did on my F150...a strategically placed jumper wire behind the start/stop disable switch. Plenty of videos on YouTube of doing this to F150s.

Last edited:

FLG8R

Reaction score
It would be great if you could create a separate post, I went back but was unable to find your simple procedure. Free and simple is definitely worth a look.
Read my response to @Edwards and lets leave it at that.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I notice quite a few members are itching for that E-torque. As the owner of a 2017 GC besides my Ram Sport let me offer this up to you. By going with the E-torque I'm sure you're aware that it will come with Stop/Start. Fortunately I found a way to defeat it on my GC because all it did was scare the hell out of me every time I came to a stop and looked at my tach with no reading. I'd punch the start button like an idiot thinking it stalled. Yes, there is a button to disable it but more often than not whenever I'd get in it my mind was on something else and I would forget to shut it off. My thoughts always went to being in the middle of an intersection where the light was about to change and you had to make that quick decision. Could I trust this system to respond as needed? I just don't want to be in a situation to find out. Why did I buy this vehicle you may ask. Because I had no idea it came this way. In all honesty I would never had made this purchase. I do love this vehicle now that I have the system permanately disabled though. Size wise I couldn't ask for a better SUV to put in my garage.
I had the start and stop feature on a VW Jetta I USED to own. I absolutely hated it.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is worrying... I was D-code May 20th and haven't checked with dealer since. How are you guys confirming the status of your builds? Dealer or direct? If direct, how?

Thanks!

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is worrying... I was D-code May 20th and haven't checked with dealer since. How are you guys confirming the status of your builds? Dealer or direct? If direct, how?

Thanks!
MOTS-JeepGarage.com

TimG

Reaction score
Well, in classic fashion, I just got a funny update. While doing my weekly chat with Ram Customer Service, I was informed that I am no longer in C- Status.... I'm in D! Hardly being able to contain myself at this great news, I foolishly asked the agent when the status changed. She dutifully informed me "You have been in D Status since the 14th of June, Sir." (Those of you with a keen eye and sharp attention to detail will note that I started this thread on the 15th of June after being told many days in a row that I'm still in C-Status) I thanked her for her time and helpful answer and moved on. Maybe next week Ill be back in C, but I'm really hoping for more forward progress.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, in classic fashion, I just got a funny update. While doing my weekly chat with Ram Customer Service, I was informed that I am no longer in C- Status.... I'm in D! Hardly being able to contain myself at this great news, I foolishly asked the agent when the status changed. She dutifully informed me "You have been in D Status since the 14th of June, Sir." (Those of you with a keen eye and sharp attention to detail will note that I started this thread on the 15th of June after being told many days in a row that I'm still in C-Status) I thanked her for her time and helpful answer and moved on. Maybe next week Ill be back in C, but I'm really hoping for more forward progress.
So you might not even be in D. I bet if you asked again with another agent right now you will be back in C

TimG

Reaction score
Alacombe you are probably right. I just thought it was funny that they stated my status changed on the 14th. I have no expectation of getting this truck any time soon. But I'm ok with that. I do not mind waiting at all, especially if they are trying to correct a deficiency of some sort. I just wish they would keep me (us) better informed.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm waiting on an email from my salesman since hearing of the delays at the plant. My worry being that my trade is based on my 16' Rebel having 50k mileage at delivery... just hit 49k with my build in limbo and I have an out of town job coming up... brutal.

TimG

Reaction score
Vader, I'm kind of in the same boat in regards to racking up the miles. I live in NE Montana, and things are kind of spread out in these parts. Hell, its a 65 mile round trip to my job everyday, so that's over 300 miles a week minimum I'm adding on to my current rig. Luckily my dealer understands this, but it's still frustrating to see the odometer run up while waiting for the new rig to be built.

Users who are viewing this thread