5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surroundview camera

Toperz

Reaction score
Im in for the DIY if someone doesnt mind compiling all the data into a single thread. Been through every post and its a little confusing between people having the 1500 vs 2500 and specific options like power mirrors, etc...
Im trying to make list of parts what I've used for mine 21ram 1500 but its gonna take while since I've but all of them from different locations.

Toperz

Reaction score
This would be incredible if you did! Thank you in advance as i know its a lot to compile all the data and links!
This is parts list I've used(Most of them). Difference is I've got side mirrors from 20 Ram1500 Limited(which should be same as on the list) and front doors wiring also from Limited because at same time I was doing Passive Entry(so it was pre-wired).
Remember to get rear/tailgate handle for surround view(cameras are bigger then non-360) and there is one more bracket for rear camera 68529657AA which hold it in place otherwise check pic. below.
Did not used that:
APPLIQUE. Grille. #10
Part Number: 6KL98SKSAA
$29.90
I'm not sure if you gonna need door modules(I didn't).
Contact @Jimmy07 for harness to connect CVPM(he does great job, looks like factory) and ask him nicely to make a bit longer, about 16in should be good.
As for install I started with grill (
) but he showing to bend wheel liner to get to screws, I would recommend remove them(wheel liners) at least driver side. Later is easier to run camera cable thorough the rubber grummet(
). Once you get grill off RAM(letters) emblem is hold by plastic tabs and pins with round metal clips(on parts list is #15) those pins I broke off and didn't used them and I think 3 torx screws.
As for doors if you don't upgrade wiring you can run camera wires in the middle of harness but you may need extra 2 fakra Z cabel about 16inch female/male if you get longer no worries you can hide it in kick panel.
Again thanks to @Jimmy07 last pdf is list of changes needs to be made in Body Computer with AlfaOBD and ObdLink MX+. MX+(AlfaOBD says that you can use MS-CAN BLUE adapter) is must because you have to connect to Radio module then to CVPM module to do cameras calibration.
Tomorrow I add more pictures of finished job.

Attachments

• 360 camera.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 91
  • 20220717_125859.jpg
    20220717_125859.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 119
  • 20220717_125903.jpg
    20220717_125903.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 20220717_125945.jpg
    20220717_125945.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 114
  • door harnnes.jpg
    door harnnes.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 117
  • alfa360.pdf
    208.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

St-na

Reaction score
This is parts list I've used(Most of them). Difference is I've got side mirrors from 20 Ram1500 Limited(which should be same as on the list) and front doors wiring also from Limited because at same time I was doing Passive Entry(so it was pre-wired).
Remember to get rear/tailgate handle for surround view(cameras are bigger then non-360) and there is one more bracket for rear camera 68529657AA which hold it in place otherwise check pic. below.
Did not used that:
APPLIQUE. Grille. #10
Part Number: 6KL98SKSAA
$29.90
I'm not sure if you gonna need door modules(I didn't).
Contact @Jimmy07 for harness to connect CVPM(he does great job, looks like factory) and ask him nicely to make a bit longer, about 16in should be good.
As for install I started with grill (
) but he showing to bend wheel liner to get to screws, I would recommend remove them(wheel liners) at least driver side. Later is easier to run camera cable thorough the rubber grummet(
). Once you get grill off RAM(letters) emblem is hold by plastic tabs and pins with round metal clips(on parts list is #15) those pins I broke off and didn't used them and I think 3 torx screws.
As for doors if you don't upgrade wiring you can run camera wires in the middle of harness but you may need extra 2 fakra Z cabel about 16inch female/male if you get longer no worries you can hide it in kick panel.
Again thanks to @Jimmy07 last pdf is list of changes needs to be made in Body Computer with AlfaOBD and ObdLink MX+. MX+(AlfaOBD says that you can use MS-CAN BLUE adapter) is must because you have to connect to Radio module then to CVPM module to do cameras calibration.
Tomorrow I add more pictures of finished job.
PDF file with the parts is confusing:
68416790AA CABLE. CAMERA. LEFT Why do we need 2 pcs for driver side?
68416798AA CABLE. CAMERA. REAR. Do we need to change cable for rear camera?
Where is the part number for front camera cable?
68416789AA CABLE. CAMERA. OUTPUT. What is this cable for?
I am following list from @Jimmy07 and trying to add part numbers:
(1) 20’ fakra z female to female- front camera 68533364AA ? not sure
(1) 10’ fakra z female to female- driver side camera 68416790AA
(1) 6’ fakra z female to female- passenger side camera 68416797AA
(1) 3’ fakra z female to female- CVPM to rear camera in-line connector ?
(1) 3’ fakra z male to female- CVPM to radio in-line connector ?
I understood, that CVPM add-on harness is additional item to above.
Anybody has part number for rear handle and camera?

Piotr_Rebel

Reaction score
PDF file with the parts is confusing:
68416790AA CABLE. CAMERA. LEFT Why do we need 2 pcs for driver side?
68416798AA CABLE. CAMERA. REAR. Do we need to change cable for rear camera?
Where is the part number for front camera cable?
68416789AA CABLE. CAMERA. OUTPUT. What is this cable for?
I am following list from @Jimmy07 and trying to add part numbers:
(1) 20’ fakra z female to female- front camera 68533364AA ? not sure
(1) 10’ fakra z female to female- driver side camera 68416790AA
(1) 6’ fakra z female to female- passenger side camera 68416797AA
(1) 3’ fakra z female to female- CVPM to rear camera in-line connector ?
(1) 3’ fakra z male to female- CVPM to radio in-line connector ?
I understood, that CVPM add-on harness is additional item to above.
Anybody has part number for rear handle and camera?
68416790AA CABLE. CAMERA. LEFT Why do we need 2 pcs for driver side? I believe on both sides cable originally has two parts.(but lengths are not equal) There should be connector in the hinge are between door and body.
68416798AA CABLE. CAMERA. REAR. Do we need to change cable for rear camera? Fakra connector of non-360 camera is different than on 360 camera. You can buy universal Fakra-Z cables as per given lengths. (OEM part numbers not required)
Where is the part number for front camera cable? There are two cable also. Jumper cable behind grill part no is 68475628AA (approx. 0.5m lenght with two female 90deg. Fakra connectors)
Anybody has part number for rear handle and camera? Depends what type of tailgate your have (standard or multi-functional) there are two types of handles. Also you can get handle with matching color to you truck body each having different part no.
I've ordered for my Multi-functional tailgate (Granite Crystal) handle part no. 7KJ42LAUAA - not yet received

Last edited:

St-na

Reaction score
68416790AA CABLE. CAMERA. LEFT Why do we need 2 pcs for driver side? I believe on both sides cable originally has two parts.(but lengths are not equal) There should be connector in the hinge are between door and body.
68416798AA CABLE. CAMERA. REAR. Do we need to change cable for rear camera? Fakra connector of non-360 camera is different than on 360 camera. You can buy universal Fakra-Z cables as per given lengths. (OEM part numbers not required)
Where is the part number for front camera cable? There are two cable also. Jumper cable behind grill part no is 68475628AA (approx. 0.5m lenght with two female 90deg. Fakra connectors)
Anybody has part number for rear handle and camera? Depends what type of tailgate your have (standard or multi-functional) there are two types of handles. Also you can get handle with matching color to you truck body each having different part no.
I've ordered for my Multi-functional tailgate (Granite Crystal) handle part no. 7KJ42LAUAA - not yet received
Not familiar with Fakra connectors, I see on Amazon many options, but description saying that they are for Antenna's, will they work for video signal?:
https://www.amazon.com/Bingfu-Navig...lja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

lawmann8

Reaction score
Rear camera fakra connectors are different. You’ll need a 1’ fakra z male to female cable for that. The rest of the camera cables you need:
(1) 20’ fakra z female to female- front camera
(1) 10’ fakra z female to female- driver side camera
(1) 6’ fakra z female to female- passenger side camera
(1) 3’ fakra z female to female- CVPM to rear camera in-line connector
(1) 3’ fakra z male to female- CVPM to radio in-line connector
If you don’t currently have power fold mirrors, you will need new door modules if the new mirrors with cameras are power folding.
I can build you the CVPM add-on harness.
Hi Jimmy07. Can you build the CVPM add-on harness for me? I have a 2022 Ram 1500 Laramie that I'm adding the 360 Surround View Camera System to. Lee

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi Jimmy07. Can you build the CVPM add-on harness for me? I have a 2022 Ram 1500 Laramie that I'm adding the 360 Surround View Camera System to. Lee
You should send him a PM. He's probably not going to see this.

lawmann8

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone is interested but if you have a 2020-2022 Ram 1500 with the multifunction tailgate, I found this part number at MoparPartsOverstock.com for the surround view tailgate handle:
Order Contents:
P/N​
Quantity​
Price Each​
Description​
7KJ42KXJAA​
$ 84.19​
HANDLE. Tailgate.

Order Summary:
1 products , 1 items​
$ 84.19​
Shipping & Handling to 46304​
$ 14.56​
Total​
$ 98.75​

lawmann8

Reaction score
I also found the CVPM unit at GetOEMParts.com
Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
56029964AF​
Surround Camera Processor Module​
$327.84​
1​
$327.84​
Subtotal: $327.84​
Estimated Shipping to 46304 via Standard Shipping: $19.67​
Tax: $24.33​
Total: $371.84​

Piotr_Rebel

Reaction score
You can find tailgate handle factory painted with truck body color (there is separate part number for each color)

7KJ42KXJAA is Diamond Black Crystal.
7KJ42LAUAA is Granite Crystal

Remember that you need additionally camera spacer for that handle (68529657AA).
LED lamp need to be swapped from old handle.

lawmann8

Reaction score
You can find tailgate handle factory painted with truck body color (there is separate part number for each color)

7KJ42KXJAA is Diamond Black Crystal.
7KJ42LAUAA is Granite Crystal

Remember that you need additionally camera spacer for that handle (68529657AA).
LED lamp need to be swapped from old handle.
Does the handle spacer work for both regular and/or multifunction tailgates?

Users who are viewing this thread