5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AJT Keyfob

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think its worth it but then again I went from oem fob with leather case. Only so much you can do to a fob to make it lighter/smaller and still enclose everything you need inside of it. For $45/ a 10 min install, its a no brainer for me but you guys gotta decide for yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The cost isn't an issue. If it's not much smaller/lighter, there really wouldn't be any reason to swap.
Some want the looks as well.

I got it partly because the buttons are more recessed, and with the factory fob, hanging from belt loop, I hit the buttons on seat belt latch climbing into the truck. Sometimes it's the panic button, sometimes it's the lock button

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I wish they made one to fit my truck because he doesn't.

My fob doesn't look like any of them posted here, likely because it's a limited.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wish they made one to fit my truck because he doesn't.

My fob doesn't look like any of them posted here, likely because it's a limited.
Did you watch the video? Looked like a Limited fob to me on the far left. They have different buttons you can use with their keyfob, so it should work.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Did you watch the video? Looked like a Limited fob to me on the far left. They have different buttons you can use with their keyfob, so it should work.
I didn't see a video.
Edit: oh you're right. I only saw the product page and it didn't show a Limited fob (at least when I looked at it a bit ago).

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't see a video.
Edit: oh you're right. I only saw the product page and it didn't show a Limited fob (at least when I looked at it a bit ago).
He has buttons available for every different configuration offered from factory. Trim level didn't matter.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn't see a video.
2nd from the left.
8b5573ba93990039cca2dce62d7eb47e.jpg

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cause its a keyfob, Its $45 and probably 3d printed. Not knowing about the manufacturing process I assumed if it was aluminum that would need to be cnc’d which is gonna mean more money especially with the prices of metal right now.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wished the came in aluminum like the knobs. Wonder why they did plastic.
Cause its a keyfob, Its $45 and probably 3d printed. Not knowing about the manufacturing process I assumed if it was aluminum that would need to be cnc’d which is gonna mean more money especially with the prices of metal right now.
It's injection molded plastic. To do it from aluminum, with the detail it requires would take a accurate CNC machine, with multiple bit changes, and would probably triple the price

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I could design/3D print one, but it would kinda look like crap 3D printed unless one used body spot filler, sanded, and painted it.

Then there's the 2-color soft buttons...

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would assume that any kind of metal casing around an item with such low voltage would degrade the signal to the point of making it useless.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I mean the buttons would still be rubber or plastic or whatever, but an aluminum housing would make more sense.
I think signal would be more effected if anything. $45 for plastic is no cheap. You can get these from Amazon for like 10-15 bucks, just doesn't look like this.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I mean the buttons would still be rubber or plastic or whatever, but an aluminum housing would make more sense.
I think signal would be more effected if anything. $45 for plastic is no cheap. You can get these from Amazon for like 10-15 bucks, just doesn't look like this.
I have not seen complete replacement cases on Amazon. Only cheap covers.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And probably looks like a $10-15 amazon cover at that but to each their own.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have not seen complete replacement cases on Amazon. Only cheap covers.
Heres a replacement fob, which includes the board and battery for $34. Has plastic and metal on it. Comes with a spare key you can get cut too.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
But thats just a standard replacement I’m guessing the guys that are even remotely interested in the ajt setup obviously want a replacement case and want something different then the oem style.

Users who are viewing this thread