5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

mainjet

Reaction score
First off, thank you to all the forum members who helped educate me while I was researching what I wanted.

I was shocked at the speed of my order (understanding shipping could take a fair amount of time). I received my "it has been shipped" email today. Truly thought it would be months not weeks before it was even produced. My order is a 2023 Laramie, night edition in Bright White.

Thanks again!

View attachment 149998
Please tell me your dad is the head of production at Stellantis. Please don’t tell me you walked into a dealership, ordered a truck and it was literally shipped in 2 weeks!😆

Congrats on the truck but man this is like a turd in the punch bowl for so many here. This is where we all come to live while our truck lingers for months in some mystical universe of non information and non movement until Stellantis sends you an email one day saying “Hi, we are confirming your order from 3 months ago and we promise to keep a close eye on your truck when it enters production in the very distant future”.

But seriously, congrats on the fast turn around and I hope the truck is great for you.

Maryland Ram

Reaction score
I just contacted my dealer @ Koons VA. Here is the update. I hope it will arrive next week. Anyone have any thoughts or experience on when it might be delivered?
1674929377657.png

Jaycee1198

Reaction score
Haven’t spoken much in this but my tracker just updated to “ vehicle built” so I should have my window sticker tonight. When I ordered my truck they told me it would take 3-4 months and thats been pretty accurate. Not sure how long its gonna take to be shipped to the dealership but this is my timeline.

Order Placed: 11/12/22
Order Confirmed: 11/16/22
Scheduled: 12/22/22
In production: 1/24/23
Vehicle Built: 1/27/23
Shipped: ???

lyz9518

Reaction score
Ordered from Granger, Iowa and live in California. Any car shipper recommendation? (I was thinking about driving it home but guess I’m just too lazy to do a multi-day driving 🥲)

BackCountry'sBadass

Reaction score
Ordered from Granger, Iowa and live in California. Any car shipper recommendation? (I was thinking about driving it home but guess I’m just too lazy to do a multi-day driving 🥲)
Travel recommendations: One way flight to Des Moines, taxi to Granger, two day road trip in a brand new Ram truck: 'priceless'. Otherwise you will have to make travel arrangements with a transport company form Iowa to somewhere on the left coast, in the winter time $$$$. BOOKOO bucks I imagine. You must have gotten a really good deal from the dealership in boondocks Iowa to order one from there, but you live in Cali...???

Maryland Ram

Reaction score
I also got my truck through Koons. Mine shipped on 15 Jan. Got to Jessup MD on 19 Jan. Finally got delivered to Koons yesterday on 27 Jan.
Congrats! Have you picked your truck up yet? How was the dealer part of experience?

McFIy

Reaction score
Congrats! Have you picked your truck up yet? How was the dealer part of experience?
Not yet. They’ll send you an email saying give me 48 hours until you can pick it up to get it ready. Then you will need to make an appointment in order to pick it up as well. Mine is this coming week.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Please tell me your dad is the head of production at Stellantis. Please don’t tell me you walked into a dealership, ordered a truck and it was literally shipped in 2 weeks!😆

Congrats on the truck but man this is like a turd in the punch bowl for so many here. This is where we all come to live while our truck lingers for months in some mystical universe of non information and non movement until Stellantis sends you an email one day saying “Hi, we are confirming your order from 3 months ago and we promise to keep a close eye on your truck when it enters production in the very distant future”.

But seriously, congrats on the fast turn around and I hope the truck is great for you.
also his laramie has the nee 12in color cluster

Moonlightboater

Reaction score
Build sheets are only published once a day, around 7:30am Central.

@triple_B probably just needs to expand the range of VIN groups that show in the chart - the builds are up in the 570’s now.
Does the Sterling Heights plant run 7 days a week with both night and day shifts?

Never built trucks, but being in the Oil and Gas industry it is a 24/7 24 hour a day operation. Many of the units such as Crude, Cat Crackers could take days to bring up to temperature and be on-spec to go to other feed units or tankage.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Does the Sterling Heights plant run 7 days a week with both night and day shifts?

Never built trucks, but being in the Oil and Gas industry it is a 24/7 24 hour a day operation. Many of the units such as Crude, Cat Crackers could take days to bring up to temperature and be on-spec to go to other feed units or tankage.
sterlings heights plant aka shap runs 5 days a week 24 hours starting sunday night around 11 pm
however they have been working saturday and asking for volunteers for sunday.
finished trucks can be released for shipping 7 days a week

LGB24

Reaction score
@LetsGoBrandon24 When did you get your last POC? If you haven't gotten one in a few days I would get one today. You might see things different than you thought but then again, it could be exactly what you thought. Only one way to tell.
The Ram customer service people got screwed up. Dealer gave me a new POC. It’s with the body vendor.

Dietz5285

Reaction score
Are there other Stellantis build plants near SHAP? From what I can see I am the only Ohio build with a ship date, does that mean that my truck will not ship until other RAM 1500's from Ohio are ready to ship?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are there other Stellantis build plants near SHAP? From what I can see I am the only Ohio build with a ship date, does that mean that my truck will not ship until other RAM 1500's from Ohio are ready to ship?
From what I've seen many are trucked to Toledo (Jeep plant there) then reloaded and trucked elsewhere... that is if it's close enough to deliver by truck.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure where you’re getting your information, but there have been over 1500 trucks stickered and released for shipping to Ohio. Are you just looking at member data?

Users who are viewing this thread