5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
WHAT??.😮 I guess everyone has their own opinion.
I swear by my Michelin LTX M/S tires. I find them to be a Great highway tire and fantastic in the rain.
Although, I only run mine 3 seasons. Separate winter set of tires.

I've had 3 sets of them on my 2003 prior to my 5th Gen and prior to reading about them here. My experience with the defenders LTX was not at all what's described here and the wear difference is marginal. According to the guy at discount, they warranty prorate defenders as much as any other truck tire. My experience with them was similar to these on tirerack

December 18, 2022(Verified Tire Rack Customer)​

4.0 out of 5
On 1/8/23 tires are going to be 2 years old with only about 30,000 miles then. I'm an easy driver and only driver and tires will NEVER make anywhere close to 70,000mile warranty. Tires are rotated every 4,000 miles and alignment was done when installed along with yearly alignment, all tires worn evenly across. Tires presently at 4/32 so I'll be going to Michelin dealer beginning 2023 for claim!

They've been at best an average tire to me with no increase in mileage, wet or dry performance over anything else. I bought three sets on my previous truck due to price, also used Toyo and Yokohamas on that truck, none of the 3 stood out to me. I was least impressed with them in the rain but like you said, opinions.
Defenders are not on my to buy list and $40-120 per tire more, definitely not worth the price but everyone should do what works best for them

tire.png

tire2.png

Screenshot 2023-01-27 180013.png

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Picked mine up from dealer after getting passenger side valve cover replaced for the second time due to leaking. It never leaks badz just a light film around #6 coil pack, but to me it shouldnt have any.

Took through car wash on the way home

Re-installed my Pulsar after getting home

BowDown

Reaction score
Goodbye Hemi hello LSX lol. Im kidding but way easier/cheaper to make power with the LS platform then with the Hemi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The HEMI, IMO is a better platform for making power, its just too damn expensive because not enough people mod them like the LSX. Stock Eagle heads flow as much as Brodix BR-7s which need Greg Goodes CNC program to start working but yeah LSX's make power pretty easily. Once HPR is done, it'll go to Reher-Morrison for break in and dyno numbers, should make 750hp easily with a small a 242 @ .050 .640 lift cam

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep that part and a million companies make parts for the LS compared to the Hemi and junkyard LS are wayyyy more common. All joking aside what is this going into?

BowDown

Reaction score
Yep that part and a million companies make parts for the LS compared to the Hemi and junkyard LS are wayyyy more common. All joking aside what is this going into?

Yep, everyone makes LSX parts. I'd love to get back into MOPAR but F its expensive. Had a 73 big block Charger but it was just throwing money out the window to keep up with LSX.
ported 906 heads, M1 Intake, Holley injection and it struggled to make 500hp. HPR had a gen 2 HEMI there and the owner had 10K in the bottom end alone.
I should have thrown boost at the C5 though, N/A is just too expensive once you pass 550whp

Back into this C5 Z06

20230120_122241.jpg

Last edited:

HemiDude

Reaction score
Picked mine up from dealer after getting passenger side valve cover replaced for the second time due to leaking. It never leaks badz just a light film around #6 coil pack, but to me it shouldnt have any.

Took through car wash on the way home

Re-installed my Pulsar after getting home
Did the dealer have an opinion or insight on why you've had multiple leaks there? It almost seems like it would be more than bad luck to have two bad valve covers. I haven't had mine off, so I'm just guessing, but is there a boss on the head where the coil goes through that maybe isn't machined correctly?

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, everyone makes LSX parts. I'd love to get back into MOPAR but F its expensive. Had a 73 big block Charger but it was just throwing money out the window to keep up with LSX.
ported 906 heads, M1 Intake, Holley injection and it struggled to make 500hp. HPR had a gen 2 HEMI there and the owner had 10K in the bottom end alone.
I should have thrown boost at the C5 though, N/A is just too expensive once you pass 550whp

Back into this C5 Z06

View attachment 149981
That's why I installed a 425 Hp LS into my little 94 Wrangler, love every minute of it.
Engine Bay.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did the dealer have an opinion or insight on why you've had multiple leaks there? It almost seems like it would be more than bad luck to have two bad valve covers. I haven't had mine off, so I'm just guessing, but is there a boss on the head where the coil goes through that maybe isn't machined correctly?
No, and I didn't ask. I wouldn't be surprised if more people don't have a similar leak, but never bother getting it fixed because they rarely open the hood and aren't as particular about how their engine bay looks as I am.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, and I didn't ask. I wouldn't be surprised if more people don't have a similar leak, but never bother getting it fixed because they rarely open the hood and aren't as particular about how their engine bay looks as I am.
It's not that unusual for valve covers to seep a little. It's not a high pressure or vacuum area and doesn't get much direct splash, so the seal is not as critical as some other areas. Historically a lot of them were made of cork and you didn't worry about it unless it became severe or threatened to catch fire on the exhaust manifold.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's not that unusual for valve covers to seep a little. It's not a high pressure or vacuum area and doesn't get much direct splash, so the seal is not as critical as some other areas. Historically a lot of them were made of cork and you didn't worry about it unless it became severe or threatened to catch fire on the exhaust manifold.
Except on the Hemi when the oil leaks into the spark plug boss area and can lead to misfires.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Went for a drive to pick up breakfast burritos from our favorite local food truck. Stopped for a picture with the new bumper and light bar installed. Haven't had a chance to get a good picture since I got the light bar on the bumper. Still need to figure out how I want to wire it up. The light pods in bumper are connected the factory fog light connectors

Attachments

• PXL_20230128_154628310~2.jpg
    PXL_20230128_154628310~2.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 136

vincentw56

Reaction score
Went for a drive to pick up breakfast burritos from our favorite local food truck. Stopped for a picture with the new bumper and light bar installed. Haven't had a chance to get a good picture since I got the light bar on the bumper. Still need to figure out how I want to wire it up. The light pods in bumper are connected the factory fog light connectors
That's the best looking aftermarket bumper for our trucks that I've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread