5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fold down rear seat?

Bacoviah

Reaction score
Ok. Kinda embarrassing to admit this. I’ve been trying to find the lever to fold down the back of the rear seat if there is one. Any help??

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
Ok. Kinda embarrassing to admit this. I’ve been trying to find the lever to fold down the back of the rear seat if there is one. Any help??
Unless you posted pics and a nice review.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No...im assuming your actually talking about the the upright part of the seat?

kingkasc

Reaction score
does the back seat fold up? I cant find the handle :( lol

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
On this topic, I noticed strap loops sticking up above the rear seats next to the headrests in a Laramie at my dealership... I know the rear seat doesn’t fold down anymore, so does anyone know what they do? I pulled them but they didn’t budge and nothing released as far as I could tell. Will dig into the manual if I must. ;)

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On this topic, I noticed strap loops sticking up above the rear seats next to the headrests in a Laramie at my dealership... I know the rear seat doesn’t fold down anymore, so does anyone know what they do? I pulled them but they didn’t budge and nothing released as far as I could tell. Will dig into the manual if I must. ;)

They are for children's car seats.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On 4th gen they could either add spacers under the seat bracket to lift the seat high enough to get over the retaining bracket behind the upper seat back or shave down that bracket behind the upper seat back.

Last edited:

Ram19Va

Reaction score
I had been wondering this myself. The reason why are the black straps on the rear seats just under the headrests. Why put them in if you cannot fold it down?
Edit: I see above it must be child car seat thing.

runamuck

Reaction score
the ones in my laramie dont. they are fixed. they do move a little when you scoot the bottoms forward in recliner mode.

grinch72

Reaction score
the ones in my laramie dont. they are fixed. they do move a little when you scoot the bottoms forward in recliner mode.
You need to reach behind the seat. There is another strap you can pull to fold them down.

Users who are viewing this thread