5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HUD Speed limits - can they be updated or maintained?

zbaddwg

Reaction score
How are the HUD speed limits updated? I am seeing a lot of errors recently 45 when the post is 40. I also see construction zones' speed limits where the work was completed two years ago.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They come from the built-in nav which you have to buy the update for.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
They come from the built-in nav which you have to buy the update for.
He has a 2022 which is UC5. The truck came with free updates for 6 months as part of the purchase.
Problem is there just is never any updates for the maps getting pushed out.
I had old exits and wrong speed limits on my drive home, some as bad as it saying 55mph in a 30 mph zone.

vincentw56

Reaction score
He has a 2022 which is UC5. The truck came with free updates for 6 months as part of the purchase.
Problem is there just is never any updates for the maps getting pushed out.
I had old exits and wrong speed limits on my drive home, some as bad as it saying 55mph in a 30 mph zone.
BTW, it's the same with Waze and Google maps. The speed limits here changed a year ago and still show the old ones.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Here’s a link to the site you can get the new map update for download to put on a USB stick for free. This is for 2022+ UConnect 5 only.
This seems too good to be true. The downloads are dog slow but the website looks and works fine besides that.
Must be made by a third party and not Stellantis.

If only we could get one for the head unit's firmware

Thanks for the link!!!

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This seems too good to be true. The downloads are dog slow but the website looks and works fine besides that.
Must be made by a third party and not Stellantis.

If only we could get one for the head unit's firmware

Thanks for the link!!!
They are from TomTom on an official stellantis portal. It’s the same update as the OTA update would be.

DRL

Reaction score
They are from TomTom on an official stellantis portal. It’s the same update as the OTA update would be.
This site needs to be posted, and stickied in the UC5 areas of the forum.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
BTW, it's the same with Waze and Google maps. The speed limits here changed a year ago and still show the old ones.
You know you can just login and change them yourself right, you can edit the maps.

vincentw56

Reaction score
You know you can just login and change them yourself right, you can edit the maps.
Yes, I know. Just haven't had the chance to do it. Most of the time I think about it is because I'm driving.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
With all these speed limit errors in our nav systems, how can we ever know the true speed limit. You'd think someone would put out signs or something that told us what the speed limit is. :eek:

Ram8472

Reaction score
Here’s a link to the site you can get the new map update for download to put on a USB stick for free. This is for 2022+ UConnect 5 only.

It is too good to be true !
Downloaded yesterday , installed today in 24 min and radio still works during the upgrade !
Original maps were 09 2020 , now 09 2022

Truck is a 2022 1500 Bighorn in Canada build date 09 2021 ( working on updating my signature )

Thanks Jimmy !

.ps did an update on my UC4 maps last year 70 min to load, and radio useless during the update.

Azsmc

Reaction score
Downloaded and installed this morning and all went well. 25 min to install. Can’t believe it was so easy! Sure wish they would do this for the firmware.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It is too good to be true !
Downloaded yesterday , installed today in 24 min and radio still works during the upgrade !
Original maps were 09 2020 , now 09 2022

Truck is a 2022 1500 Bighorn in Canada build date 09 2021 ( working on updating my signature )

Thanks Jimmy !

.ps did an update on my UC4 maps last year 70 min to load, and radio useless during the update.
I'm looking forward to doing mine.
Did it tell you what the date was on the old version when you did it?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Super-awesome tip, @Jimmy07!

I just downloaded all 9 map files - can anyone confirm that this is what they're supposed to look like (file names and file sizes)? It's just a little confusing, given that the site makes it look like you're downloading 9 map files.

1666973684256.png

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just updated.

Wish I didn't

The 1 road near I know which said 50 mph on my old maps now says 25 mph.
It's actually 30mph and has for over 20 years

On Main street where I live it goes from 35 to 40 to 45 back to 40.
On the old maps it worked properly.
On the new maps it just says 35 on the entire road.

And I thought Ram could do something right when it involved software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/