5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you order Air Suspension again?

Reaction score
I have the air. It's been flawless, but I don't like it when I'm towing and the warning light goes on and says I can't change the ride height because I've overloaded the suspension. Nice safety feature I guess, but the guys with the coil spring can just slap on the aftermarket bags and gain a few pounds of margin. Gee, I wonder - has anyone tried that on one of these airride jobs?

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hell Yes!, from cold western Canada. Obviously the 19 and up system was improved. The Debbie downer,s here that keep chiming away about the older system have been proved wrong.

Sportznut

Reaction score
I had a 2014 w/o air & now I have 2019 w/ air.

The good:

1. I have not had any issues with the air. I live in the Portland, OR area so pretty mild temps.
2. I do like the lowering feature for parking garages and transporting elderly relatives.

But I would NOT order air again.

The reasons:

1. The ride difference is minimal
2. Air complicates what you can do with tires & leveling.
3. It is spendy
4. I don't tow.
5. I think air contributes to short battery life because it adjusts when the truck is not running. Had to replace the original battery at 2.5 years/40k miles. Not sure why, could be cheapo OEM batteries.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Bigtone

Reaction score
I had a 2014 w/o air & now I have 2019 w/ air.

The good:

1. I have not had any issues with the air. I live in the Portland, OR area so pretty mild temps.
2. I do like the lowering feature for parking garages and transporting elderly relatives.

But I would NOT order air again.

The reasons:

1. The ride difference is minimal
2. Air complicates what you can do with tires & leveling.
3. It is spendy
4. I don't tow.
5. I think air contributes to short battery life because it adjusts when the truck is not running. Had to replace the original battery at 2.5 years/40k miles. Not sure why, could be cheapo OEM batteries.

Surprising, I traded my 2019 Laramie for my 2021 Limited and ride difference was like night and day, which I attribute to the air ride. The seats seem better which may help a little, but everything else should be nearly equal.

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No, I'm actually deciding if I want to delete it using the airdelete.com kit or order a 2023 Laramie GT without it. It really frustrates me that Ram will not let us order a Limited without air suspension

morrpar

Reaction score
I would, yes. I was fairly certain that I would not be lifting this truck, so I chose to order it. The air suspension does some unique things. Pulled a trailer a few times and it adjusts to the load. Cool feature.

Sportznut

Reaction score
Surprising, I traded my 2019 Laramie for my 2021 Limited and ride difference was like night and day, which I attribute to the air ride. The seats seem better which may help a little, but everything else should be nearly equal.
Maybe I just have more natural padding than you do.

Users who are viewing this thread