5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Kenco037

Reaction score
Does anybody know if dealers are taking money off MSRP? I'm seeing dealers offering discounts on used trucks. My thinking is, if dealers are discounting used trucks, shouldn't they be doing same for MSRP for new? My window sticker price is $1000 higher than on my sales agreement. If they can possibly increase my sales price, the MSRP should be negotiable to lower it.

cleigh

Reaction score
Does anybody know if dealers are taking money off MSRP? I'm seeing dealers offering discounts on used trucks. My thinking is, if dealers are discounting used trucks, shouldn't they be doing same for MSRP for new? My window sticker price is $1000 higher than on my sales agreement. If they can possibly increase my sales price, the MSRP should be negotiable to lower it.

Your window sticker reflects price now. Your sales agreement reflects the price you got at the time you ordered, which (assuming you ordered from MD or other reputable dealer) will be the price you actually pay. Your price *should not* go up, regardless of what your window sticker says.

Moonlightboater

Reaction score

Yes they are, we ordered a 2023 Ram 1500 and the sales price was 2% under invoice. They took my 2021 bighorn on trade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jerry0126

Reaction score
Yes they are, we ordered a 2023 Ram 1500 and the sales price was 2% under invoice. They took my 2021 bighorn on trade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
How is the trading in price? Same as Carmax?

RedFred

Reaction score
I was given the invoice price with the FCA Affiliates program through my job. Can I renegotiate upon arrival to lot?
Who did you order your truck from? You may or may not be able to renegotiate. Really depends on the dealer. And you already agreed on a price, so I would think you would want them to honor the deal if something changed and the truck became more expensive. So I don't think you should be upset if they choose not to renegotiate the deal with you. Also hasn't the truck gotten more expensive since you ordered? I would think that if there was any new negotiating going on, it would be based on current truck prices and not the price at the time of order. Anyway, imo, if you negotiated and were happy with the deal and agreed to it, you should honor it. Hold yourself to the same standard you would hold the dealer to.

mkling

Reaction score
I agree with RedFred.
If you got Fca affiliate price, you did pretty good. Rams price probably increased since you ordered too so I’d make sure they stick with what you agreed upon. Make sure you get available incentives when you pick it up and enjoy the truck. Are you getting a 2022 or 23?

Kenco037

Reaction score
Who did you order your truck from? You may or may not be able to renegotiate. Really depends on the dealer. And you already agreed on a price, so I would think you would want them to honor the deal if something changed and the truck became more expensive. So I don't think you should be upset if they choose not to renegotiate the deal with you. Also hasn't the truck gotten more expensive since you ordered? I would think that if there was any new negotiating going on, it would be based on current truck prices and not the price at the time of order. Anyway, imo, if you negotiated and were happy with the deal and agreed to it, you should honor it. Hold yourself to the same standard you would hold the dealer to.
Understood. They made an offer for my trade. Since used vehicle prices are going down now, if they offer me less at delivery, can't I ask for better deal on new?

Kenco037

Reaction score
I ordered from dealer here in NY.

Kenco037

Reaction score
I agree with RedFred.
If you got Fca affiliate price, you did pretty good. Rams price probably increased since you ordered too so I’d make sure they stick with what you agreed upon. Make sure you get available incentives when you pick it up and enjoy the truck. Are you getting a 2022 or 23?
Yes, new price did go up from when I ordered 2 months, window sticker shows $1000 higher then sales agreement. I'm getting a 22.
I have a $1000 incentive rebate offer that kept popping up on the ram tracker site.

Kenco037

Reaction score
I agree with RedFred.
What should I do if they hold me to the window sticker price that is $1000 higher then I signed for?

Kumba1010

Reaction score
What should I do if they hold me to the window sticker price that is $1000 higher then I signed for?
As Cleigh mentioned earlier, the current window sticker price (MSRP) should not affect the sale price you negotiated during ordering, especially if you ordered from a dealer like MD. The sale price should not change

RedFred

Reaction score
Understood. They made an offer for my trade. Since used vehicle prices are going down now, if they offer me less at delivery, can't I ask for better deal on new?

The trade in price is not guaranteed. So expect then to low ball you. If they do, that has nothing to do with the price on the new truck. The trade in value is a separate negotiation so if you need extra money, fight for it with the trade in value.

RedFred

Reaction score
I ordered from dealer here in NY.

If you are expecting NY dealer to match Mark Dodge prices, I seriously doubt they will or could. And if they do, come back and tell me because I will run there immediately.

Last edited:

RedFred

Reaction score

If they did that, then they broke the deal and anything goes at that point. But most likely they will do the right thing and honor the deal you made at the time of order. If not, feel free to go ape sht crazy on them.

Users who are viewing this thread