5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Time Ordering

ShadowFE

Reaction score
Hello forum. I'm currently driving a 2011 Big Horn Quad Cab and have loved it. Decided to upgrade in Oct and ordered a 2019 Laramie (details in signature). Ordered 29 Oct, D status 30 Oct with VIN, am told by my dealer it's due to begin rolling down the assembly line 14 Jan. I'm like a little kid on Christmas Eve waiting for Santa to come! Ordering process hasn't been ideal. Was originally told to expect about 6 weeks. Later found out FCA never intended to start build until Jan 19. Would've been a handy little piece of info to have when I placed the order. Oh well, bottom line is I'm getting exactly the truck I've always wanted with everything on it I've ever wanted. Patience will pay off in the end.

NYRAM

Reaction score
Hello forum. I'm currently driving a 2011 Big Horn Quad Cab and have loved it. Decided to upgrade in Oct and ordered a 2019 Laramie (details in signature). Ordered 29 Oct, D status 30 Oct with VIN, am told by my dealer it's due to begin rolling down the assembly line 14 Jan. I'm like a little kid on Christmas Eve waiting for Santa to come! Ordering process hasn't been ideal. Was originally told to expect about 6 weeks. Later found out FCA never intended to start build until Jan 19. Would've been a handy little piece of info to have when I placed the order. Oh well, bottom line is I'm getting exactly the truck I've always wanted with everything on it I've ever wanted. Patience will pay off in the end.
I think this is the answer I’ve been looking for, I’ve heard that the etorque trucks won’t be built until next year. So looks like the third week of January. Wonder how far behind you I will be I placed my order on 11/12.

ShadowFE

Reaction score
I think this is the answer I’ve been looking for, I’ve heard that the etorque trucks won’t be built until next year. So looks like the third week of January. Wonder how far behind you I will be I placed my order on 11/12.
My dealer said his contact told him, "etorque sales outperformed what FCA was anticipating and they ran out of engines. resupply won't come until beginning of January." I'm hoping they perform as well as they're selling! :)

ShadowFE

Reaction score
Over 8,000 miles now on my e-torque, so far so good. You will love it!;)
That's really good to hear! I noticed in your signature you have the in channel vent visors and I'm curious how they're working for you. I put some on my wife's Cherokee and the windows kept hanging up on them. Eventually had to replace them with exterior mounted vent visors to get the windows to go up.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's really good to hear! I noticed in your signature you have the in channel vent visors and I'm curious how they're working for you. I put some on my wife's Cherokee and the windows kept hanging up on them. Eventually had to replace them with exterior mounted vent visors to get the windows to go up.
I have not had any problems with my AVS in-channel ventvisors but I know some forum members have had problems with them staying on. Luck of the draw I guess.

ShadowFE

Reaction score
Update: My truck went to D1 status on 14 Dec! Woohoo!!!! Probably won't get it until after the new year but, It's nice to see some progress after 7 weeks from order date (29 Oct)...

NYRAM

Reaction score
Mine finally made it to D1 also. I ordered mine on 11/12. From what I’ve read and was told by another member on here we probably won’t see our trucks being built untill after 1/14. Looks like a plant is being shut down the 24th through the 14th.

Reaction score
Just placed my order. Interestingly, the special order guy at the dealer said they're looking for orders wherever they can find them, trying to keep the plant busy. He said it was a good sign, at least as far as my getting my truck in a timely manner. Not so good if they shut a plant down.

BigHorn-SV

Reaction score
My 1st time ordering too - so much fun to spec-out exactly what I want! Over the years have owned many used and two new vehicles purchased off the lot that my wife got to drive. OMG, I'm nearly 60 y/o and this is the first new vehicle that will be just for me (but will let wifey drive it if she behaves)! Ordered my Big Horn on 12-Dec and was told by Dealer its ECD is 14-Jan, with delivery to me about 14-Feb.

ShadowFE

Reaction score
Mine finally made it to D1 also. I ordered mine on 11/12. From what I’ve read and was told by another member on here we probably won’t see our trucks being built untill after 1/14. Looks like a plant is being shut down the 24th through the 14th.
FWIW, I was told by FCA today that plants were only closing on Christmas Day and New Years Day. Maybe they're trying to catch up on demand? Fingers crossed!

NYRAM

Reaction score
FWIW, I was told by FCA today that plants were only closing on Christmas Day and New Years Day. Maybe they're trying to catch up on demand? Fingers crossed!
That would be nice, if that was the case I want my truck. I’m going crazy and I think my wife is going to kill me if I mention my truck one more time.

Troop2865

Reaction score
Good to hear your trucks are being built quicker now. I ordered mine the end of August and the dealer told me to plan for 90 days, that way I wouldn't be disappointed if it didn't come earlier. He was pretty much on the money. Mine took nearly a full three months.

By the way, I think ordering is the only way to go. It is nice to get exactly what you want. The waiting is definitely the difficult part.

BigHorn-SV

Reaction score
At least a half dozen times per day I say that I can't believe I ordered a new truck. This isn't going to stop until my new RAM arrives. Then once it arrives, I'll be talking about the mods I'm going to order and install.

NYRAM

Reaction score
I couldn’t wait for the spreadsheet to update again tonight so I figured I would get an update from ram chat. Looks like my truck made it to the assembly line today! It’s in “E” which is frame, I’m beyond excited!

BigHorn-SV

Reaction score
Whoa, wait, there is a tracking spreadsheet? How did you get access? Did the dealership give you access?

NYRAM

Reaction score
Whoa, wait, there is a tracking spreadsheet? How did you get access? Did the dealership give you access?
Unfortunately the tracking spreadsheet has been shut down, they can no longer add anyone. Chrysler won’t allow 3rd party tracking. So the only option is to have ram chat give you updates.

Users who are viewing this thread