5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bye Bye Mopar muscle cars

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Another reason to hate EV's

Klink

Reaction score
Makes me love my 2016 SRT 392 Challenger even more. For 2024, Stellantis will go to twin turbo V-6 motors for Challenger and Charger. Me? I'm keeping mine.

Attachments

• IMG_20220612_200205.jpg
    IMG_20220612_200205.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 59

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Makes me love my 2016 SRT 392 Challenger even more. For 2024, Stellantis will go to twin turbo V-6 motors for Challenger and Charger. Me? I'm keeping mine.
Sounds like it will be electric vs hybrid. Eliminating ICE

Burnzie

Reaction score
Wish I hadn't traded mine in , but I needed a truck.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Theres nothing actually saying they are killing off the Hemi or the Charger and Challenger models. Both were scheduled for a redesign, which, due to EV models, probably means a different chassis than the LX/LY that has been used since they were introduced. We will ha e to see, but I don't think it's the end of them as all the media outlets are trying to report

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And the twin turbo inline six makes more power than the 6.4l Hemi, and there was rumor of a natural gas powered V8 making north of 700hp.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Doesn't look bad, some interesting specs and features including sound and a gearbox..

Interesting! I wonder what the Powershot button on the steering wheel does? They said it will have 800kW of power. The Tesla Model S Plaid has 772 kW of power and produces 1035 hp. These cars are going to be very fast.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Interesting! I wonder what the Powershot button on the steering wheel does? They said it will have 800kW of power. The Tesla Model S Plaid has 772 kW of power and produces 1035 hp. These cars are going to be very fast.

They stated 3 power levels, but not exactly yet how much. The electromechanical gearbox is really interesting, designed to give more engagement to the driver when accellerating.

Also, the sound produced is supposedly natural, however channeled so you can hear it.

As someone who runs brushless electric RC cars, planes and boats, I have to tell you electric (especially my 100 mph boats) make quite the amazing noise when on the power. I would love to hear that in a car.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
PowerShot button gives like 5 seconds off max power from batteries to the motors. Would be kind of like hitting a 50-shot of nitrous. They have same thing in the Hornet R/T they announced last bight

Dewey

Reaction score
Finally somebody will make a decent looking electric car. Hopefully the production car stays about the same as the concept.

Dewey

Reaction score
Start watching at the 10 minute mark to see the actual car. The exhaust note is interesting.🤔

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score

Another reason to hate EV's
Just saw this today outside of these forums. I didnt read the whole article, but one question. What about police versions? A lot of police departments use Dodge. I've seen my local dept experiment with a Tesla, but curious about the potential for a whole fleet of EVs.

Scram1500

Reaction score
Great, but how are we going to argue about catch cans, which weight motor oil, when to change the plugs, throttle bodies, exhaust, cold air intakes, etc.? This is a sad day for keyboard warriors and know-it-alls

Maybe we can tout the source of the electricity, renewable vs. carbon based, my electrons are cleaner than your electrons kind of thing.

Users who are viewing this thread