5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 5 Box requires service . . .

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
20220629_180059.jpg

So this happened yesterday afternoon and every trip since......
Anyone know what Fresh Hell awaits me at the service department?

Rebel2022

Reaction score
This message came up on mine when I first got it and they replaced some kind of module, can’t remember the exact name but its job was to interact with connected services. Anyway it did not help, I think the issue was more software related. There will be a code stored, at least there was in mine.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This message came up on mine when I first got it and they replaced some kind of module, can’t remember the exact name but its job was to interact with connected services. Anyway it did not help, I think the issue was more software related. There will be a code stored, at least there was in mine.

Sounds like this will be the first of many, many visits for the same issue - to not be rectified . . .

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Talk to Jimmy07 and see if you can flash a new or same version to see if it helps. I have no idea if it will, but it’s worth a shot.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Enough of us have had this that it could become a sticky thread. Before committing to the dealer, try this - park it somewhere that has a clear view of the sky and turn it on, but not running, and give it 20 minutes or more to download whatever certificates or updates it wants from SkyNet. If that doesn't help, get the dealer involved, they may be able to reflash it by wired connection to their shop computer. Or they may have to replace the Uconnect box.

Not to be confused with a different message "Uconnect box battery requires service", which may or may not be related but so far requires the Uconnect box to be replaced. Although the battery is maybe user-replaceable, but not yet available from Ram. There might be future developments on that front.

I've had both, and since they replaced the box it's been okay. Fingers crossed.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
View attachment 133474

So this happened yesterday afternoon and every trip since......
Anyone know what Fresh Hell awaits me at the service department?
Hi MidnightExpre$$,
Sorry to hear about this! Are you able to close out of the message? Feel free to send us a PM with your VIN. We'd be happy to assist further with this.

Sarah
Ram Cares

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi MidnightExpre$$,
Sorry to hear about this! Are you able to close out of the message? Feel free to send us a PM with your VIN. We'd be happy to assist further with this.

Sarah
Ram Cares
UPDATE -
I got a PM and a subsequent phone call from Ram Cares about this issue early last week. They stated that there is an update/fix for this problem, and it would be pushed out over-the-air in waves by VIN. They couldn't promise a date it would happen for my truck, just said it should be within 7-10 days. They also said there would be no prompt to allow/acknowledge the download like with a version update, that it would just happen automatically. Fast forward to the weekend and I notice that the issue is resolved. I no longer get the error message and the satellite radio works again.
Thank you Ram Cares for the follow-up and the follow-through.

RamCares

Reaction score
Hello MidnightExpre$$,

Thank you for updating Ram Cares on your experience, we are glad to hear that everything is all working well. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly.

William
Ram Cares

MICHAELTAUBER

Reaction score
I am having the exact same issue. The dealer had my truck for about 10 days and said they couldn't fix it. That an update would have to be pushed over the air and there is nothing they can do. Can you please push the same update to resolve my error? I'll also send a PM directly to Ram Cares with VIN

RamCares

Reaction score
I am having the exact same issue. The dealer had my truck for about 10 days and said they couldn't fix it. That an update would have to be pushed over the air and there is nothing they can do. Can you please push the same update to resolve my error? I'll also send a PM directly to Ram Cares with VIN
Hello Michaeltauber,

I just followed up with you in your PM you've sent.

William
Ram Cares

JVSTBEE

Reaction score
ca64bcd29e12120a539bd534f1201dab.jpg

I just got the same message. Truck doesn’t even have 500 miles on it yet. [mention]RamCares [/mention] , can you help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamCares

Reaction score
ca64bcd29e12120a539bd534f1201dab.jpg

I just got the same message. Truck doesn’t even have 500 miles on it yet. [mention]RamCares [/mention] , can you help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello Jvstbee,

Thank you for grabbing our attention. Please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to assist you.

William
Ram Cares

RamCares

Reaction score
Something must have changed, because it looks like I'm going to have to go to the dealership for them to run two TSBs.
JVSTBEE,

We have provided you with the TSB, please let us know if we can further assist you with anything else for your vehicle.

William
Ram Cares

George Bednar

Reaction score
JVSTBEE,

We have provided you with the TSB, please let us know if we can further assist you with anything else for your vehicle.

William
Ram Cares
I started to experience this issue on day 2 of owning my 2022 Limited. Bought on 07/28/22. Is there a fix for this?

Xchief

Reaction score
I'm also getting the "Uconnect Box Error". And now today my ventilated seat option on my 12" radio is gone! Is this all related? I believe I have the latest version S24.13. Funny thing is this all started when my free trial for Uconnect ended. And for some channels on Sirius it says No Internet Signal that had worked before. Again is this all related? Everything was working perfectly up until last week.

RamCares

Reaction score
I started to experience this issue on day 2 of owning my 2022 Limited. Bought on 07/28/22. Is there a fix for this?
George Bednar,

Please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look at this further for you.

William
Ram Cares

RamCares

Reaction score
I'm also getting the "Uconnect Box Error". And now today my ventilated seat option on my 12" radio is gone! Is this all related? I believe I have the latest version S24.13. Funny thing is this all started when my free trial for Uconnect ended. And for some channels on Sirius it says No Internet Signal that had worked before. Again is this all related? Everything was working perfectly up until last week.
Hello Xchief,

Please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

William
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/