5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Truck Smells Like a Baseball Glove

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First Ram with the leather ventilated seats. It's been hot outside lately and the inside of my truck literally smells like a baseball glove. I actually like it. I grew up playing ball. In recent years I've coached some little league teams. It's kind of cool to step into the truck and get an instant flashback to younger days. Haha.

Serious question though, what's the best way to clean these seats? I assume that those ventilation pin holes don't need liquids going down into them, right? So just a very light mist of leather cleaner and then wipe with a cloth?

SealTeamFive

Reaction score
i'm using Adam's leather cleaner. The bigger issue is the suede on the sides of the seats. I'm using Sonax alcantara / suede cleaner for it. Light spray on the seats and a leather cleaning brush to gently agitate. Then remove with a microfiber towel.

It's funny too because none of these seats are true leather (excepting the longhorn and some of the limited trims). The laramie's seats are vinyl that is made to look like leather.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
When I clean them I actually spray the Leather cleaner onto a microfiber towel and then wipe the seats down that way.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
First Ram with the leather ventilated seats. It's been hot outside lately and the inside of my truck literally smells like a baseball glove. I actually like it. I grew up playing ball. In recent years I've coached some little league teams. It's kind of cool to step into the truck and get an instant flashback to younger days. Haha.

Serious question though, what's the best way to clean these seats? I assume that those ventilation pin holes don't need liquids going down into them, right? So just a very light mist of leather cleaner and then wipe with a cloth?
Here are the official recommendations:

Leather care tag.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread