5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Big Horn - Not mean looking... help

joemo

Reaction score
ok, I know its an odd subject but that is what my wife said. I used to have the 2021 Rebel.. traded it for something else, (non truck) and hated it. 5 weeks later I bought this Big Horn.

We were driving the other day and she made the comment... its not mean looking in the front like my rebel. So I am asking you all for some suggestions on how I can make it look "mean"

thanks

joemo

Reaction score
Smear some blood and gore on the bumper.
lol only around halloween can you get away with that :)

I just bought the TRX grill that will fit my truck. The push bar might be next just need to research so it does not affect my parking things or the blood might be real.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Might be helpful to post a picture of your front. If it's chrome, there's not much anyone can do to help it look meaner.

One of the coolest mods that immediately makes a TRX look meaner is this: Install the tazer DT and set the running lights to orange. It's more effective on a blacked-out truck, obviously. If yours is chrome and white, it won't be quite the same.

1660329880813.png

Ros

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
4" lift, bigger tires? I guess it would depend on her version of what mean looks like. My daughter saw a Rebel driving by once and giggled a bit. I asked what was so funny and she said the "droopy mustache" on the front of that truck was funny. :rolleyes:

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Wrap.

71HM1VLf-AL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

joemo

Reaction score
haha ok, I will get a pic tomorrow after she is washed. And yes, there is chrome and I am not a fan of that. It is black. So far I did order that new grill to give it a TRX still grill, and I did see a front bumper that is quite nice. It does have oversized tires and non-stock rims.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep gonna have to get rid of all that chrome and those halogen headlights start there first lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Could look into a sport hood too.

joemo

Reaction score
Yep gonna have to get rid of all that chrome and those halogen headlights start there first lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yea, I might just do LEDs in the headlamps.. I just picked out the BA4x4 front bumper, TRX style grill and a few lights to go in when I do the bumper. The chrome on the hood, I may have to wrap that or do a simple matte black plastidip... This will eliminate all that chrome up front.. I miss my black out edition Rebel.

Just for full transparency... I traded the rebel a few months back when gas spiked and I sort of freaked and acted impulsively. Went with a telluride and GD was that a swing and a miss. So after 7 weeks, wife agreed, I am a truck person. Traded telluride for this 2020 Big Horn.

cleandirt

Reaction score
You went with the civilized look when you bought this truck, maybe you can just go with it until it’s time to get another?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All is not lost. I had a 2007 that got puked on by the chrome machine. I slowly modify it until it look a lot less like an old man's truck.

new to finish.jpg

I got a smoking deal on it, which is why I bought it (long story). In the end I had swapped out (or painted) all the chrome, changed the wheels from 20's to 17's, added a lift (4") and 35" tires. Installed cab lights, flares and aftermarket hood.
In the end, it didn't resemble the truck it started as. Don't panic. Take your time and you can make it look more rugged. Just be thankful you're back in a truck so soon. Some people aren't able to get back as quick as you did.

joemo

Reaction score
All is not lost. I had a 2007 that got puked on by the chrome machine. I slowly modify it until it look a lot less like an old man's truck.

View attachment 136750

I got a smoking deal on it, which is why I bought it (long story). In the end I had swapped out (or painted) all the chrome, changed the wheels from 20's to 17's, added a lift (4") and 35" tires. Installed cab lights, flares and aftermarket hood.
In the end, it didn't resemble the truck it started as. Don't panic. Take your time and you can make it look more rugged. Just be thankful you're back in a truck so soon. Some people aren't able to get back as quick as you did.
This is nice! You did a great job and inspired me. I really do like the truck a bunch. It has just about everything I "really" need.. minus the look which like you, I think I can modify. Waiting on the grill and fender to start with. I will also look at painting some chrome. What did you use to match the black as it looks really spot on. I usually go matte black just due to I like the look but also due to never being able to match it.

Users who are viewing this thread