5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My issue with Laramie is there are too many options to pick from. I am afraid, I will miss something, or misunderstand something when I order it. Limited seems to have everything included. Only thing I pick is the Panaromic roof and LL1 package.

I have heard horror stories about the air suspension as well on trucks. Is it really that bad?

I wanted the air over the coil this time so I purchased from Dave Sinclair in Pacific, MO - comes with free lifetime powertrain warranty & then I bought up to cover the air suspension, all electronics, etc etc etc. It’s fully covered with a $200 deductible for repairs until the cost of the repairs outweigh the value of the vehicle. I know people who have had tons of things replaced on their Ram/Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep with no trouble at all - in fact, even covered things that technically shouldn’t have been covered. Things replaced like engines at 300k, the lift gate of their van, various sensors & electronics. The only thing it doesn’t cover is “wearable components” - which to an extent is odd since they cover CV axle components which I would consider a wearable item.

Attachments

• FF4DC2D7-7F3D-4657-948D-F289E5BDDC41.jpeg
    FF4DC2D7-7F3D-4657-948D-F289E5BDDC41.jpeg
    163.2 KB · Views: 30

Bootaggie

Reaction score
Only you can decide. I’m sure you can do a bit better and a lot worse. I got $10k off limited trim in addition to $2.5k Stellantis incentive in addition to 0% APR.
So you got like $12.5k off of MSRP?

Bootaggie

Reaction score
Not to bogart discussion, but how are the KBB prices for something like a bighorn in the mid 40’s, but MSRP is mid 50’s?

Wire4money

Reaction score
Not to bogart discussion, but how are the KBB prices for something like a bighorn in the mid 40’s, but MSRP is mid 50’s?
KBB prices? Mine was mid 50 msrp, mid 40 price. Trade in was high, too.

Attachments

• EF44C747-E933-4129-9715-94FEE3A83DF6.jpeg
    EF44C747-E933-4129-9715-94FEE3A83DF6.jpeg
    124.7 KB · Views: 32

Bootaggie

Reaction score
I meant when looking at Kelly Blue book prices, but good luck finding anything close to those. Thanks for sharing that though. I may have to renegotiate before going through with this

Kevinandjenn123

Reaction score
Heritage Dodge, Jeep, Ram in Harrisburg PA

(New) 2022 Ram 1500 - BigHorn 3.5L V6 E-Torque - Dark Edition with Level 2 Equipment upgrades - Black Pearl Paint, Gray Graphite Interior
MSRP 54,700
Rebates total = $10,000
Trade in value $2000
Paid $42,700, Added all the extended warranties, Diamond 5 Star exterior and interior protect, 4 Star Road and Damage Protection and some other goodies which made it come to $50,700.
They even beat Costco Auto Buying Program special price by $8000 !!!!!!
Anyone in this Harrisburg PA area, I highly recommend this dealership, plenty of acutal ON HAND stock for 2022 models.

35168.jpeg

Wire4money

Reaction score
I meant when looking at Kelly Blue book prices, but good luck finding anything close to those. Thanks for sharing that though. I may have to renegotiate before going through with this
I don’t know what their prices are, but I was approaching 20% off msrp.

Dunga

Reaction score
Is this still attainable nowadays? Have had hell finding anything like that
I just took delivery of my truck Tuesday. Ordered June. Write to mark dodge. Give them your spec. And they’ll make you an offer. Usually below invoice. No negotiations. No pressure.

MO Rebel

Reaction score
Heritage Dodge, Jeep, Ram in Harrisburg PA

(New) 2022 Ram 1500 - BigHorn 3.5L V6 E-Torque - Dark Edition with Level 2 Equipment upgrades - Black Pearl Paint, Gray Graphite Interior
MSRP 54,700
Rebates total = $10,000
Trade in value $2000
Paid $42,700, Added all the extended warranties, Diamond 5 Star exterior and interior protect, 4 Star Road and Damage Protection and some other goodies which made it come to $50,700.
They even beat Costco Auto Buying Program special price by $8000 !!!!!!
Anyone in this Harrisburg PA area, I highly recommend this dealership, plenty of acutal ON HAND stock for 2022 models.

View attachment 136316
You paid $8,000 in dealer addons? Wow!

ms8091

Reaction score
The market around here (especially since I had to buy fleet) there were few dealerships that would sell to me (2) and both were selling at MSRP only minus any incentives. So it was $3k off but got $30k for my 2019 Big Horn classic 4x4 crew cab.

On the KBB questions, the dealerships told me because pricing is so out of whack now, KBB isn’t accurate for new or used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The market around here (especially since I had to buy fleet) there were few dealerships that would sell to me (2) and both were selling at MSRP only minus any incentives. So it was $3k off but got $30k for my 2019 Big Horn classic 4x4 crew cab.

On the KBB questions, the dealerships told me because pricing is so out of whack now, KBB isn’t accurate for new or used.

Of course they would say that. But they always go by SOMETHING for value which is Black Book Value for dealerships. Do yourself a favor & check out VinSmart. It will give you J.D., Black Book, etc & a plethora of different values per condition for your specific vehicle which will help you negotiate. The report is cheap & well worth it. The dealer I went through “said” they still used KBB to give me an offer to trade in my 21 Laramie for a 22 Limited, but in the managers office they all always use Black Book Value. My brother in law used to be a CDJR salesman for quite some time & now works for a bank that gives the dealers their loans & audits them, so I’ve been blessed enough to have some info that they didn’t think I’d know when negotiating. They originally said they’d give me 50k & then 34 days later when the truck arrived said the current KBB is 45k. With this report & a few other things we met in the middle at 47.5k. I’ll attach a screenshot for your convenience.

Attachments

• 25B6B5A7-5E63-4B83-A2B4-C6388AC1638F.png
    25B6B5A7-5E63-4B83-A2B4-C6388AC1638F.png
    136.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 7F29E851-6D64-46E2-88BC-726E582FBE85.png
    7F29E851-6D64-46E2-88BC-726E582FBE85.png
    202.6 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

ms8091

Reaction score
Of course they would say that. But they always go by SOMETHING for value which is Black Book Value for dealerships. Do yourself a favor & check out VinSmart. It will give you J.D., Black Book, etc & a plethora of different values per condition for your specific vehicle which will help you negotiate. The report is cheap & well worth it. The dealer I went through “said” they still used KBB to give me an offer to trade in my 21 Laramie for a 22 Limited, but in the managers office they all always use Black Book Value. My brother in law used to be a CDJR salesman for quite some time & now works for a bank DS that gives the dealers their loans & audits them, so I’ve been blessed enough to have some info that they didn’t think I’d know when negotiating. They originally said they’d give me 50k & then 34 days later when the truck arrived said the current KBB is 45k. With this report & a few other things we met in the middle at 47.5k. I’ll attach a screenshot for your convenience.

Interesting. I never knew of this site before. I will definitely take a look for my next deal. Yes, it was blue book, black book and market sales that they quoted. Thanks for the share.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting. I never knew of this site before. I will definitely take a look for my next deal. Yes, it was blue book, black book and market sales that they quoted. Thanks for the share.

Just hope it helps ya out. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online