5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How long did it take you to get used to it? My wife’s ‘21 GLE and even two months in the MBUX is still not growing on me. And I’ve owned prior gen Mercedes’. This is my first Stellantis and I guess the the infotainment has gotten good reviews lately.
Not really that long. The biggest adjustment for me (first RAM) was the dial shifter. Just navigating all the settings in Uconnect took some time and there are probably some stuff I still haven’t stumbled across.

LukePCI

Reaction score
submit your build to them and they will tell you your price. seems the more expensive your build is, the more of a discount you get. but yea, about 10% off is about average. The only fees were a $425 doc fee, $15 notary fee, $565 registration and temp tag fees. Total fees were $1005.35.
Ty for the info brother

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
that’s a general question for anyone whose receiving or has done it in the past
i am planning to drive it back to SoCal. Hell, if I have to shell out $1500 to get it shipped back to SoCal I might as well spend that $1500 flying out and driving it back for 3 reasons:
1. gas price is at least a dollar under compared to california gas.
2. i get employee rates at best western branded hotels and motels anyways.
3. I've never been to NM, TX, and LA. So I might as well just drive through those states. Plan is to spend a night in Lake Charles, 1 or 2 nights in TX, and 1 night in AZ. Im gonna be driving through NM and avoid stopping there from all the horror stories of people getting robbed and stuff getting stolen. And I'll be traveling without my guns since I won't have any checked luggage for the flight.

BUT if they can ship it to me for less than $1k (lowest offer I got this week was low $1300) then I'll just have it shipped here since cost will be about the same with flights and board.

Regardless of which method i do, I'll have to PPF it since it will see a lot of trails. Probably will install the bed rack and suspension first and then see if I can do the PPF myself.

Dunga

Reaction score
i am planning to drive it back to SoCal. Hell, if I have to shell out $1500 to get it shipped back to SoCal I might as well spend that $1500 flying out and driving it back for 3 reasons:
1. gas price is at least a dollar under compared to california gas.
2. i get employee rates at best western branded hotels and motels anyways.
3. I've never been to NM, TX, and LA. So I might as well just drive through those states. Plan is to spend a night in Lake Charles, 1 or 2 nights in TX, and 1 night in AZ. Im gonna be driving through NM and avoid stopping there from all the horror stories of people getting robbed and stuff getting stolen. And I'll be traveling without my guns since I won't have any checked luggage for the flight.

BUT if they can ship it to me for less than $1k (lowest offer I got this week was low $1300) then I'll just have it shipped here since cost will be about the same with flights and board.

Regardless of which method i do, I'll have to PPF it since it will see a lot of trails. Probably will install the bed rack and suspension first and then see if I can do the PPF myself.
That was my plan but the truck got built way too fast and the earliest couple days off I have will be end of August.

Reaction score
i hope my truck gets built “too fast” 😂
I have a similar build as yours and ordered a day before haha. Kind of bummed that Ram dropped the rear reclining seats for 2022 Laramie... All the 2022 Laramie trucks I test drove locally had it and one of the reasons I ordered a Laramie over Big Horn. Hopefully they were able to add it back in when they get to build my truck.

JoeI21

Reaction score
I have a similar build as yours and ordered a day before haha. Kind of bummed that Ram dropped the rear reclining seats for 2022 Laramie... All the 2022 Laramie trucks I test drove locally had it and one of the reasons I ordered a Laramie over Big Horn. Hopefully they were able to add it back in when they get to build my truck.
i honestly thought it had it still. might have been an oversight when i was building. going to have to wait untill i see the build sheet come through. who knows how long that will take at this point.

Reaction score
i honestly thought it had it still. might have been an oversight when i was building. going to have to wait untill i see the build sheet come through. who knows how long that will take at this point.
Ya I thought so too. This is my first truck and took me a while to understand all the options but still missed it at the end. I assumed that getting level 2 would guarantee most goodies on the option list even if it is not standard but that does not seem to be the case. My 2 cents - advanced safety group might be the one that slows down our trucks production... but time will tell.

Ram_Roamer

Reaction score
I got mine order to delivery in 40 days with the advanced tech group and blind spot monitoring. It's really hit or miss on wait time. Guess I just got lucky. This was at the end on 2021 and recieved in February/22.

Hope yours gets built quick!

2022 Ram 1500 Rebel Crew Cab 4x4 5'7"| 5.7L V8 Hemi eTorque | Bright White Two Tone | Advanced Safety Group | BSM | Comfort and Convenience Group | Rebel 12 | Rebel Level 2 Equip. Group | Black/Red Interior | 3.92 Rear Axel | Trailer Brake Control | Elec Shift | 33 Gal. Fuel Tank | Block Heater

Ordered @ Mark Dodge: 12/29/21 | VIN: 1/4/22 | D1: 1/11/22 | Build Date: 1/22/22 | BS: 1/24/22 | WS: 1/24/22 | @Dealer: 2/20/22 2/7/22 | Home: 2/16/22

Reaction score
I got mine order to delivery in 40 days with the advanced tech group and blind spot monitoring. It's really hit or miss on wait time. Guess I just got lucky. This was at the end on 2021 and recieved in February/22.

WOW that was quick espeically given that it was end of last year/beginning of this year! I should have realized the need for a truck earlier and ordered one when more options/features were available... life changes I guess haha

SealTeamFive

Reaction score
I may do paint correction, depending on how the truck looks when it arrives. I won't be doing ceramic or PPF. Automatic car washes are a thing up here and there's no getting around it, so I'd rather do paint correction once or twice a year (moving into winter, coming out of winter) knowing that I'll never have perfect paint up here.
If you're going to do correction I'd strongly suggest doing a DYI ceramic coating. For reference, the effort required to do paint correction on your truck is 6-8 hours. This includes prep and the correction itself. The ceramic coating is only another couple of hours on top of that.

JVSTBEE

Reaction score
If you're going to do correction I'd strongly suggest doing a DYI ceramic coating. For reference, the effort required to do paint correction on your truck is 6-8 hours. This includes prep and the correction itself. The ceramic coating is only another couple of hours on top of that.

I know everyone has a different opinion on this, but I’ll ask anyway.

What brand would you recommend for the DIY ceramic coating?

I was planning on paying someone to do the paint correction but, based on your time estimates, I’d have no problem doing the DIY CC if it’s going to make a big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That was my plan but the truck got built way too fast and the earliest couple days off I have will be end of August.
man i wish they build my truck faster... 34 days as of today and no update

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Hope yours gets built quick!

2022 Ram 1500 Rebel Crew Cab 4x4 5'7"| 5.7L V8 Hemi eTorque | Bright White Two Tone | Advanced Safety Group | BSM | Comfort and Convenience Group | Rebel 12 | Rebel Level 2 Equip. Group | Black/Red Interior | 3.92 Rear Axel | Trailer Brake Control | Elec Shift | 33 Gal. Fuel Tank | Block Heater

Ordered @ Mark Dodge: 12/29/21 | VIN: 1/4/22 | D1: 1/11/22 | Build Date: 1/22/22 | BS: 1/24/22 | WS: 1/24/22 | @Dealer: 2/20/22 2/7/22 | Home: 2/16/22
holy smokes that is fast. basically i got the same build as yours minus the color, advanced safety group, bsm, and comfort and convenience group and block heater. built it that way because i thought less tech options will lead to faster build date... i guess im wrong lol

scapone4

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in taking my order on a backcountry let me know. Just looking for 1000 deposit back.

Estimate delivery to MD 8/22

233a23051487395f5c07662fa76d8a57.jpg

JoeI21

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in taking my order on a backcountry let me know. Just looking for 1000 deposit back.

Estimate delivery to MD 8/22

233a23051487395f5c07662fa76d8a57.jpg

try the selling page

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
For those exploring the shipping option:

You may recall recently hearing MD switched vendors. Well they switched back to their previous method. The newer approach didn't quite work out for them. So this means prices are a bit better now. I just worked with them today.

coolhub

Reaction score
For those exploring the shipping option:

You may recall recently hearing MD switched vendors. Well they switched back to their previous method. The newer approach didn't quite work out for them. So this means prices are a bit better now. I just worked with them today.
Who are they using now and how much per mile did they charge you?

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
Central Dispatch is like a marketplace where they post your vehicle, origination and destination and per mile offer. $0.8-$1.2 per mile is what you’re looking at. Mine got accepted at like $0.86.
Same for me, but since my bid is brand new it's pending acceptance. I'm prepared to play the numbers game to get it accepted.

Users who are viewing this thread