5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radio was deleting set radio channels . I fixed it.

Bearwhiz

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2022 Ram 1500 Lonestar. I was having issues with my radio deleting the preset channels. Dealership did a full reprogram on it and said it should be ok. It wasn't. I remembered that I had changed out several of the interior lights for the LEDs. The overhead lights on the console., lights under the dash, and the ceiling light over the back seat. I realized my radio problems began when I made the light swap. I removed the LED lights and replaced them with the originals and my radio has been flawless ever since. I don't understand what the connection is between the interior lights and the radio but there is something. Something to think about if you have made any type of light changes.

Crazy Dane

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2022 Ram 1500 Lonestar. I was having issues with my radio deleting the preset channels. Dealership did a full reprogram on it and said it should be ok. It wasn't. I remembered that I had changed out several of the interior lights for the LEDs. The overhead lights on the console., lights under the dash, and the ceiling light over the back seat. I realized my radio problems began when I made the light swap. I removed the LED lights and replaced them with the originals and my radio has been flawless ever since. I don't understand what the connection is between the interior lights and the radio but there is something. Something to think about if you have made any type of light changes.

LOL :ROFLMAO: You thought it was the LEDs... 2022 Ram Uconnect 5 Issue

My truck is still stock and will randomly delete presets. I have tried many different solutions and still no fix.

Tinshield

Reaction score
I can't imagine those bulbs have anything to do with how the radio saves data.

Bearwhiz

Reaction score
I can't imagine how the lights would affect the radio either but this is the way it happened so I'll go with it until someone can give me a better explanation.

RipperT

Reaction score
I have not changed anything in my brand new 2022 Ram 1500 and its also deleting my presets. Its really the only complaint I have so far... Unfortunately looking into a solution I found out the new uconnect 5 system has caused the truck to dive in ratings. Hope this is fixed, because its annoying as hell.

Crazy Dane

Reaction score
I got a OTA update today. It said it was to fix the preset loss, the backup cam, blue tooth and other issues. I'm hoping this fixes everything.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello Bearwhiz,

Thank you for catching our attention. If you're still having issues with your radio preset, please send us a PM. We would be happy to look into this closer for you.

William
Ram Cares

20GladRubicon

Reaction score
Got the update Friday. So far so good, but it’s too early to get over confident. I’ve had it go a week or two without deleting or replacing the presets before.

Now…IF it is fixed I think I’m going to be hesitant to get the recall done for the “backup camera “ update. Perhaps when they go to do the recall it will show as having the latest software update already installed and they will just check it off as being completed. Not a lot of faith in the communication process when it comes to having warranty work done.

610SRTGang

Reaction score
Mine deleted them all the time. Just got the OTA update yesterday(which reset them during this again). Hasn’t reset yet... I guess we will all wait and see.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I haven't seeing anything recently on an OTA for mine, I have the 12 inch screen, are you guys running the smaller versions? I would rather not get the update since I am not currently experiencing any issues 😉

20GladRubicon

Reaction score
Got the update Friday. So far so good, but it’s too early to get over confident. I’ve had it go a week or two without deleting or replacing the presets before.

Now…IF it is fixed I think I’m going to be hesitant to get the recall done for the “backup camera “ update. Perhaps when they go to do the recall it will show as having the latest software update already installed and they will just check it off as being completed. Not a lot of faith in the communication process when it comes to having warranty work done.
Update- The recall shows as being completed in the Ram app after the over-the-air update. 🤞11 days, so far, so good!

Users who are viewing this thread