5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

RedFred

Reaction score
with the recent shipping try Grainger ram. They’re slightly more expensive (1% more) than MD but I’m pretty sure Iowa is a lot closer than Louisiana to nj. They’re on this forum as well.
Thanks. Google mapped it, they are 1050 miles away. But still 400 miles closer to me than MD. (y)

Klink

Reaction score
That is odd. I just punched my Challenger in there and it was several thousand dollars below vroom CarMax and Carrvana. (Driveway.com)

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is odd. I just punched my Challenger in there and it was several thousand dollars below vroom CarMax and Carrvana. (Driveway.com)
same. i punched in my 4Runner in there and it was $10k under what KBB says.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After reading about the lower offers others are getting from Driveway.com, I decided to re-check all the companies again. The offers from all the companies were a little different then a few weeks ago but Driveway was still the highest for the Tiguan we just sold. I must be vehicle dependant. They must have a "type" of vehicle that they are able to more easily sell and price it accordingly.
Carmax $23,400
Carvana $21,054
Vroom $24,069
Driveway $26,932

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
They must have a "type" of vehicle that they are able to more easily sell and price it accordingly.
Most of these companies base their values on the market plus whatever they currently have in inventory. If they are in need of more Tiguans, their offers will be higher. If they are loaded with Rams, their offers will be lower.

RedFred

Reaction score
Most of these companies base their values on the market plus whatever they currently have in inventory. If they are in need of more Tiguans, their offers will be higher. If they are loaded with Rams, their offers will be lower.
Hey Bluegrass, I recognize you from our other weekend car forum. I guess we share the same taste in cars and trucks. (y)

cheapdad00

Reaction score
It’s happening guys. Our first MD competitor. 14% off Ram trucks but they have a higher doc fee of $800 and broker fee of $600. Their dealer is based out of Florida which might be of interest to some of you guys. This forum is pretty interesting there’s another broker working with a dealer out of Southern LA offering 12.5 who I assume is MD. They also charge a broker fee.

I just started ordering process with them over the weekend, will let the forum know how it goes.

cheapdad00

Reaction score
Was it me? LOL. Currently waiting for Driveway to pick up my truck as I type this. Can’t wait to be a car free agent again! Well, I guess it couldn’t have been me. They’re $5K better on my truck.

I've seen Driveway offer good prices but be slow to close (based on others reports). But I think once they lock you in, they give you some ridiculous mileage allowance, so then the only risk is not getting into a wreck.

Derek916

Reaction score
I've seen Driveway offer good prices but be slow to close (based on others reports). But I think once they lock you in, they give you some ridiculous mileage allowance, so then the only risk is not getting into a wreck.
Yeah it took 1.5 months but I absolutely loved having the extra time. Gave me a lot of time to track the market and I had the chance to back out at any time without any repercussions. They give you a 10K mileage allowance.

rbundy84

Reaction score
Sold my last car to Carvana, and it honestly couldn’t have been easier

Brewboy73

Reaction score
Anyone looking to buy a new Ram in the South Florida area, I highly recommend Arrigo Margate. They have a $8999 Market Addendum added to their trucks right now, but I was able to negotiate out of it. And they gave me $4K more for my 2020 Silverado than what it was worth. Some of the other dealers in the area like University Dodge have a $19000 Market Addendum on their trucks and people are actually paying it.
Also - if you want a Laramie G/T package, Arrigo is the only dealer building them with 4X4, trailer steering and dual pane sunroofs.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone looking to buy a new Ram in the South Florida area, I highly recommend Arrigo Margate. They have a $8999 Market Addendum added to their trucks right now, but I was able to negotiate out of it. And they gave me $4K more for my 2020 Silverado than what it was worth. Some of the other dealers in the area like University Dodge have a $19000 Market Addendum on their trucks and people are actually paying it.
Also - if you want a Laramie G/T package, Arrigo is the only dealer building them with 4X4, trailer steering and dual pane sunroofs.
all dealers in south Florida are garbage. When I was ready to order my 22, most dealers wouldn't even talk to me, wanted me to come in before they would talk numbers. Some never even responded to my requests. Arrigo Margate was one that said straight MSRP, that was all they could do. I bought my 21 ram from university dodge and even though the price was fine, the finance manager was a real piece of ****. ****ed me at each angle he could. Glad I ordered from Mark Dodge for my 22. People are paying the markups because they don't know any better. Some people don't want to travel outside of the area for a car.

Rammmer

Reaction score
There are multiple dealers posted here selling trucks several percent below invoice. You should not being paying MSRP, let alone a market adjustment on any truck unless you're limiting your range to like 20 miles from your home and have tons of money to waste.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

RedFred

Reaction score

I just looked at Arrigo Margate's website. They are showing $8-10K off MSRP on each one of their Rams in dealer discounts and rebates. Why would their website advertise a discounted price if, like you said, they are trying to sell it for $9k over?

mike146

Reaction score
I just looked at Arrigo Margate's website. They are showing $8-10K off MSRP on each one of their Rams in dealer discounts and rebates. Why would their website advertise a discounted price if, like you said, they are trying to sell it for $9k over?
They do have a few at that discount, but then I narrowed search to just REBEL and they were all listed at MSRP. Then click on details and they have a variety of fees, plus a 2995 Arrigo Advantage Package added that is not part of price that needs to be added on top of MSRP.

RedFred

Reaction score
They do have a few at that discount, but then I narrowed search to just REBEL and they were all listed at MSRP. Then click on details and they have a variety of fees, plus a 2995 Arrigo Advantage Package added that is not part of price that needs to be added on top of MSRP.

According to their website they currently have 366 RAM 1500s. I'm not sure I trust any of the info on their website. Sounds more like a dealer to avoid or at minimum, to be wary of.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are multiple dealers posted here selling trucks several percent below invoice. You should not being paying MSRP, let alone a market adjustment on any truck unless you're limiting your range to like 20 miles from your home and have tons of money to waste.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Thank God for all those people pay list price or more for their trucks..... It is what is helping keep our resale values up !

Mike7311

Reaction score

Derek916

Reaction score
This story leads me to believe that bigger rebates are coming. I’ve noticed inventory increasing at our local Ram dealer and prices I believe will be coming down sooner than later with high gas prices and increasing interest rates.

Another data point to support this. Ram has higher inventory than pre-pandemic.

Users who are viewing this thread