5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RI moves to TN

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Congratulations. I am keeping my eyes open for something in the Tri-City area. Further south would be preferable but we are not ready for retirement quite yet. In this area I would be able to make it down once a month or so for a long weekend to keep the place up.

Heard about the flood in Gatlinburg campground area. Terrible.

BNeal

Reaction score
The world can see it anyway, if anyone wants to pay some parking tickets in Pittsburgh for me, feel free. I can't see any reason not to unless I was hiding from outstanding warrants.
Where on earth did this "hide your plate number" thing come from anyway? Your plate is displayed for the world to see every time you drive your vehicle... don't get it.

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome. I've been casually looking at properties in northeast Tennessee online, but I won't be able to retire until I'm 56.5 years old. Don't want to make any big moves until then. 1 year 11 months 13 days to go........

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome. I've been casually looking at properties in northeast Tennessee online, but I won't be able to retire until I'm 56.5 years old. Don't want to make any big moves until then. 1 year 11 months 13 days to go........
It's a great place to live. Spent 15 years growing up in Knoxville, and going to UT games is definitely something every college football fan needs to experience.

Scram1500

Reaction score
Where on earth did this "hide your plate number" thing come from anyway? Your plate is displayed for the world to see every time you drive your vehicle... don't get it.
Yes, the people next to you on the road can it briefly. On the internet the world can see it forever. The question isn't if you're paranoid, the question is are you paranoid enough?

Scram1500

Reaction score
Didn’t DPPA take care of this in the mid 90s?
They did due to several instances of stalkers/murders, but I don't have much faith in higher institutions, specially these days. Best to look out for oneself

Glock10mm

Reaction score
I've never understood it either, I park my truck on busy roadways, drive it around the country, all while lighting the plate up for the world to see, if someone wants to follow me home or stalk me then that's their mistake. And as for Tennessee, the wife and I are heavily considering moving to the Nashville suburbs from Idaho.

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They did due to several instances of stalkers/murders, but I don't have much faith in higher institutions, specially these days. Best to look out for oneself
I agree with you to a point. I am not worried about my plate #, I don't put my keys in an rfid box and I don't have tin foil in my ballcap (sometimes the voices have great ideas 😀) I do have enough food for a couple weeks, ammo for a pretty good siege, and always bury the bodies on my neighbors property :ROFLMAO:

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Yes, the people next to you on the road can it briefly. On the internet the world can see it forever. The question isn't if you're paranoid, the question is are you paranoid enough?
Anyone can take a pic of your plate and have it forever. I see vanity plates that are so clever that I'll remember them for the rest of my life, without a picture.

Scram1500

Reaction score
I agree with you to a point. I am not worried about my plate #, I don't put my keys in an rfid box and I don't have tin foil in my ballcap (sometimes the voices have great ideas 😀) I do have enough food for a couple weeks, ammo for a pretty good siege, and always bury the bodies on my neighbors property :ROFLMAO:
Screenshot_20220714-163506_Chrome~2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread