5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Limited 1500 Ram broke down

Gillytickle

Reaction score
1571 miles, driving home from work at 1am and it started struggling to hold 70 mph, next thing I know the engine light started flashing. Coasted to the shoulder of the highway and heard like a metallic scraping noise with the display saying to service throttle body. Truck won't start and only hear a wind.
So after I check things out under the hood, everything looks fine. Step inside and press the "Assist" button to get some roadside assistance.... nothing.
Option shows on the display so I click it and it begins to load... to nothing, goes back to my regular screen.
Pretty frustrated because I haven't even made my first payment yet and it's sitting on the side of the road.

Last edited:

truckless

Reaction score
1571 miles, driving home from work at 1am and it started struggling to hold 70 mph, next thing I know the engine light started flashing. Coasted to the shoulder of the highway and heard like a metallic scraping noise with the display saying to service throttle body. Truck won't start and only hear a wind.
So after I check things out under the hood, everything looks fine. Step inside and press the "Assist" button to get some roadside assistance.... nothing.
Option shows on the display so I click it and it begins to load... to nothing, goes back to my regular screen.
Pretty frustrated because I haven't even made my first payment yet and it's sitting on the side of the road.

That sucks. Hope nothing overly serious.

Dunga

Reaction score
That really sucks. There’s a gentleman on YouTube that is having a lot of electrical gremlins on his Limited ‘22 half ton.

Sure makes me nervous. Keep us posted on the outcomes.

Edit: here’s the video.

Rammmer

Reaction score
Hopefully not a widespread problem. Getting a lemon is a rare but unfortunate possibility when buying any new vehicle.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Gillytickle

Reaction score
Update:
When I called for roadside assistance, they got all my info and I said I was staying in the vehicle.
A friend picked me up and took me home.
I fall asleep for a few hours and check the status of my tow... shows the ticket was accepted but nothing further has been done.
I call the Chrysler roadside assistance again and they have no info on me or my truck, which means nobody was coming.
They set it up again and got it to a dealer in no time. Dealer was good and set up a rental in no time.
Pretty frustrating but I'm happy I let a friend take me home rather than staying with my truck.
Will give an update when I find out the issue with the truck.

Dunga

Reaction score
Update:
Dealer just got to the truck and told me that the timing failed and there is no compression, need a new motor.... which happens to be on backorder...
Fuuuuudge…. I mean thank heavens for warranty. I hope they’re getting you a nice loaner while you make payments on a broken down brand new truck.

Gillytickle

Reaction score
You’re making Limited payments and driving a classic V6. That’s disappointing. I guess even folk with Wagoneers are getting screwed out of good rentals. Sorry man. Do they have an eta for the engine?
Not yet. They are on backorder so they are checking with some dealerships to get one sooner.
I have never been so disappointed with a Chrysler product and this may be my last one.

Dunga

Reaction score
Not yet. They are on backorder so they are checking with some dealerships to get one sooner.
I have never been so disappointed with a Chrysler product and this may be my last one.
What state are you in? May be worth your while to look at the lemon laws. I believe in some states if the manufacturer/dealer can get it running within an allotted time they have to buy it back.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Needs a new engine before the first payment, really sorry you have to deal with that man.

I had a buddy who had a major issue in the first month, they got him into another vehicle instead, especially since it would be weeks before his vehicle could be operational due to parts shortage.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
wow...just...wow. Hang in there man, we all feel your pain.

JaylonW

Reaction score
Followup?

RedFred

Reaction score
I would push for new truck...not engine. It will never be installed like factory.
I agree. To the OP, I would push for another new truck. If not, I would get in touch with a lemon law attorney. Chances are it is going to take a long time to get the truck back. Best thing they could do for you is to find you another truck and let this current truck be their problem.

omegafiler

Reaction score
Call RAM customer service and open a case as well. I haven't had to do that myself with RAM for anything like this, but manufacturers can often help coordinate resources or provide other options.

n7qpp

Reaction score
Does this engine have a timing chain or belt? Also is it an interference engine or not?

Users who are viewing this thread