5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM Rear Underseat Storage

KySam1776

Reaction score
I have to believe the bolt holes for the latch are already there behind the carpet. But that latch is only for stowing the panel if your not using it. I've never folded mine up as I carry stuff under there all the time.

The only piece you really need is the storage bin itself. It attaches by a pin on each side that goes into the lower seat support(??) not sure what it's called but
if you look at this pic its where the red circle is , 1 on each side. Make sure you have a small round hole here for the pin to go into. That's the only thing that holds the storage bin in place.

. View attachment 55295
I just ordered a 2022 Ram 1500, Crew cab, big horn and I'm wondering if my truck will have the same storage system as in this picture or will it just be floorboard under the seat? Can anyone help me out? I am trying to order husky floor liners but want to make sure they fit.

Nick57

Reaction score
Depends if you ordered with that option or not. 🤷‍♂️

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just ordered a 2022 Ram 1500, Crew cab, big horn and I'm wondering if my truck will have the same storage system as in this picture or will it just be floorboard under the seat? Can anyone help me out? I am trying to order husky floor liners but want to make sure they fit.
I'm not sure but I don't think Big Horns come equipped with the factory storage box. My 20 Big Horn did not have it, my 22 Laramie does. I like the factory setup fine, nice that it doesn't interfere with removing the floor mat. I had the Du-Ha in my Big Horn and liked all the additional capacity it provided (depth and height), but it covered the rear mat so it was a pain sometimes to access underneath it.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Look on your POC. If you ordered it, it will be listed as Sales Code: CUE Rear Underseat Compartment Storage.

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
My Backcountry Bighorn crew has the under-seat storage box. There's no mention of it on the window sticker.

I thought it might be included as part of the in-floor storage bins that are included in the Bighorn Level 2 Equipment Group.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
My Backcountry Bighorn crew has the under-seat storage box. There's no mention of it on the window sticker.

I thought it might be included as part of the in-floor storage bins that are included in the Bighorn Level 2 Equipment Group.

Mine is on the Window Sticker under Laramie B Level Equipment Group.

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
Mine is on the Window Sticker under Laramie B Level Equipment Group.
Maybe it's included on your sticker to fill in the empty space from the de-contented Blind Spot Monitoring and Cross Traffic Alert in the B group?

KySam1776

Reaction score
It looks like it is included in the big horn level 1 package, which I did get.. I had over looked that, thanks guys.

Attachments

• LEVEL 1.PNG
    LEVEL 1.PNG
    47.7 KB · Views: 51

MKarp

Reaction score
Anybody got one of these available that they removed from their truck?

tjbarney

Reaction score
I would love to find an oem under storage box if anyone is selling one. Have a 2020 1500 Laramie with the light tan seats and brown carpet.

1500DFW

Reaction score
If anyone is looking for black OEM under-seat storage I still have this for sell.

jljbtm

Reaction score
The duha is fairly large and i didnt notice at the time or i may have returned it for partially covering the "door in the floor" especially if you opt for a metal locking lid instead of plastic

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2019 1500 DT and would be interested in someone’s black OEM storage bin if available.

Users who are viewing this thread