5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

dixon4420

Reaction score
Quick question. If I have the Mopar lift, with the Mopar UCAS. Adding a 1 inch spacer upfront, will the control arms be fine?

Ya they should technically be fine. Still a slightly funky angle that I didn’t like so I changed to the readylift uca, plus I thought that was the source of my squeaking. I just found out that the original shock mount bolts are a touch long even after the spacer is on and rub on the bottom of the shock tower causing the squeak so watch out for that if you do spacers cause apparently that can be an issue which I didn’t know

Righty

Reaction score
Hello, new here. Have been reading as much as I can here about this Mopar 2" Lift. Just tried to purchase for my 3.6L crew cab 1500 big horn, and the store checked the VIN for a fit, and said Mopar says it doesn't fit the 3.6L. What is the difference between the 5.7L and 3.6L that would make this not fit?

I've tried to find 3.6L specific discussion on this lift, and I'll admit I'm not great at getting the search results I'm looking for here. Thanks for any info folks might have.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome! Couple of things that might help us provide answers. You should fill in your signature line with truck specs so anyone may glance at relevant info. Second, is your truck a 6'4" box? or air suspension? I'm not sure if here has been a definite answer on the mid box backup sensors, if yours is equipped, being recalibrated to operate correctly. Another option may be to disable them in Tazer/Alpha, if you can accept the tradeoff.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello, new here. Have been reading as much as I can here about this Mopar 2" Lift. Just tried to purchase for my 3.6L crew cab 1500 big horn, and the store checked the VIN for a fit, and said Mopar says it doesn't fit the 3.6L. What is the difference between the 5.7L and 3.6L that would make this not fit?

I've tried to find 3.6L specific discussion on this lift, and I'll admit I'm not great at getting the search results I'm looking for here. Thanks for any info folks might have.
The only thing I can think of is that the v6 spring rate is different than the hemi spring rate and the shock damping is set for the hemi spring rate. Only a guess.

CDP110

Reaction score
Curious; How many have installed this at home themselves? And how did it go? And who had the dealership install the kit/align? About what was costs for that?
I'm about due for tires, and thinking a 2" with a 33-33.5" tire (tow a good bit) would do me well and i'll put bags in the rear springs for when I tow.
Dealership installed my mopar lift on 2019 Ram. They installed spring perches upside down at first and I climbed underneath and seen rust marks from original and they said you can’t install upside down and then they brought in shop and said it was upside down. They replaced springs, shocks and piece on spring seat that shock attaches to. All on dealership and 2 alignments.

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
...that had to have been fun when assembling with the perches upside down.. you think they would had caught that right away.

2k19ram

Reaction score
Had the Mopar 2" lift installed with 275 65 20's. Dealer calibrated my Speedometer and now my Park Sensors are unavailable. Dealer is saying that Chrysler is implying that anything over a 33.5" will disable the park sensors. Anyone else have this?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had the Mopar 2" lift installed with 275 65 20's. Dealer calibrated my Speedometer and now my Park Sensors are unavailable. Dealer is saying that Chrysler is implying that anything over a 33.5" will disable the park sensors. Anyone else have this?
Exactly why I don't let the dealer touch my truck. I use the tazer dt to calibrate my speedo and I have no issues with my park sensors. I have 35's.

Chan_man808

Reaction score
Finding the mopar lift kit is a pain, my dealer says it shows then stocked in warehouses but they won’t release them 🤷🏽‍♂️.

LoneRanger

Reaction score
I purchased the kit last night, and had a tracking number this morning. EZPZ

L.R.

CDP110

Reaction score
...that had to have been fun when assembling with the perches upside down.. you think they would had caught that right away.
Yes they should of caught it. I found it and called and they said that the perches only go one way. Yes totally screwed up. Instead of shock pushing down and absorbing the bumps when they installed perches wrong they actually where pushing the body of the truck up. Truck had no suspension because it wa a installed wrong. Worst part is service manager at dealer said the mechanic who installed lift does all their lifts. He referred to tech as The Lift Guy. It’s all fixed now and drives great but it was a crappy few weeks in the beginning

Last edited:

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
Yes they should of caught it. I found it and called and they said that the perches only go one way. Yes totally screwed up. Instead of shock pushing down and absorbing the bumps when they installed perches wrong they actually where pushing the body of the truck up. Truck had no suspension because it wa a installed wrong. Worst part is service manager at dealer said the mechanic who installed lift does all their lifts. He referred to tech as The Lift Guy. It’s all fixed now and drives great but it was a crappy few weeks when it eas getting put in
That is pretty sad, I guess I have worked at a dealership for the last 17 years. I must say, I read posts like this and i'm just blown away. I have no idea how half this happens. Maybe i'm just blessed with the group(s) I have been working with in life. But I just have never experienced half of the stuff that's posted and I have not heard it from our customers either.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is pretty sad, I guess I have worked at a dealership for the last 17 years. I must say, I read posts like this and i'm just blown away. I have no idea how half this happens. Maybe i'm just blessed with the group(s) I have been working with in life. But I just have never experienced half of the stuff that's posted and I have not heard it from our customers either.
Your location shows Nebraska; except for Omaha;), normal people live and work there.:)

djants

Reaction score
I have 20" stock rims, what's the biggest tire I can fit with the mopar lift?

boothroyd917

Reaction score
This is just plain wrong. My dealer recalibrated my truck for 35's & my parking sensors work fine.

2k19ram

Reaction score
This is just plain wrong. My dealer recalibrated my truck for 35's & my parking sensors work fine.
Agreed... 3 days later and they still can't get it resolved. Chrysler is telling the dealership it can be done but for whatever reason the dealership can't seem to be able to get it done on my truck. Yesterday they reported that they had it back to original setting. Said the sensors worked, but the speedo was off. In which I responded that I would rather have the speedo calibrated and the sensors disabled. Just frustrating. Then the dealership gives me the run around saying they are playing phone tag with Chrysler.

Users who are viewing this thread