5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear window surround crack.

bpwj76

Reaction score
I had my rear window replaced under warranty last year (5/4/21). It had the crack in the plastic on the passenger side of the sliding window. Fast forward a year... I noticed the new window started to leak on the same side (no crack this time), with water running down the passenger side window panel. I now have another new rear window (6/8/22), replaced under warranty as the first replacement was a "failed part".

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just noticed mine has 2 small cracks on either side of the sliding window lucky no water leak yet.

midshaw

Reaction score
Hey guys new here. Noticed this on my “new” used 2020 today. What do you think? Still under my 3/36k factory warranty.

cb220f3698edd5fe86ab85a68c336e30.jpg

40775339ea82211dc225cd70ad17fe1e.jpg

0a6b640780e4b8298a1dd063526ece1e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

midshaw

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. It’s frustrating, I traded out of a 2020 trail boss that wouldn’t stop leaking (5 repairs and a replaced rear window) into another leaking truck.

Has the rear window been redesigned at all to prevent this from happening after a replacement?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. It’s frustrating, I traded out of a 2020 trail boss that wouldn’t stop leaking (5 repairs and a replaced rear window) into another leaking truck.

Has the rear window been redesigned at all to prevent this from happening after a replacement?

Not that I have seen. @RamCares do you know?

brewdad

Reaction score
Someone on this forum posted that the problem was the original sealant used around the rear window got too hard over time and would not allow the rear window & frame to flex and this caused the frame to crack; the factory switched over to a different sealer that remains flexible and will not cause cracks.

midshaw

Reaction score
Interesting. Thanks for information. We will see what the dealer says on Monday.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score

My rear window is leaking in my 21. From the top right rear corner. Either a small gap in the sealant or another issue in the body. Not leaking enough to the point for me to really care considering I’m gonna trade the truck in here shortly. Was kinda disappointed because I just had a 04 Silverado that I had purchased a few yrs early that had a leaking left rear window. Sold that truck due to the oil leaks and what not and then got into a 21 with a water leak.

Flick

Reaction score
I just discovered I have 2 cracks in my 2019 bighorn. Called the dealership and they informed me I am out of my factory warranty despite only having 27000 miles. Ram cares can you help?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just discovered I have 2 cracks in my 2019 bighorn. Called the dealership and they informed me I am out of my factory warranty despite only having 27000 miles. Ram cares can you help?
Are you past the 3 year mark? @RamCares

mdschadler

Reaction score
Well, mine is leaking again. I think it was dry for about a year, or at least I didn’t notice in about that long. I’m running out of warranty for these repeat fixes…

mdschadler

Reaction score
Looks like the leak is at the shark fin base again. They had a hard time reproducing the leak. They ordered a new antenna and gasket. Hopefully this will be the last time.

Rando

Reaction score
Welp the new rear glass lasted about a year. Now it’s leaking worse than ever.

My used beat to **** 95 Chevy s-10 somehow managed to stay waterproof its entire life.

Pretty frustrating that both of my rear windows lasted less than a year and half.

Users who are viewing this thread