5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No more 5.7 Hemi without E Torque

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Maybe read the post completely. Nothing like assuming things from a headline or title. I admit, I could have worded my post differently.
you are missing the point
the title of the thread holds a lot of weight with readers

that is just the way it is!!

there is no making an a s s of you and me it is what it is!

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you are missing the point
the title of the thread holds a lot of weight with readers

that is just the way it is!!

there is no making an a s s of you and me it is what it is!
Ok it's fine that you made an a s s of yourself. If you took the time and read the post you would have understood. Why didn't you throw out a "prove it" post on the topic?

FYI Bighorn crew cab 6'4" bed, you can only order the 3.6l. No hemi option. Crew cab 5'7" bed Bighorn, you can only get hemi or hemi etorque, both 4x4.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FWIW, I've really enjoyed eTorque. It's a noticeable difference in fuel economy and I think it's pretty cool that I can stop at a red light for a couple of minutes and my A/C still blow relatively cool, sound keeps going and nothing skips a beat with start/stop. I've pretty much completely stopped driving the truck more than a few miles a week or just as needed with $5/gallon gas, but when I do drive it I think, "well, could worse" 😛

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
Looks like the upcharge for the hemi etorque is a definite reality. Sly way to get a price increase. New trucks showing up on lots since the first week in June have the increased engine price.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    185 KB · Views: 48

Ctmaz68

Reaction score
Can't get hemi without etorque on Laramie currently. You can get it in a limited
I texted Angelo at Mark Dodge and he replied today that he had just finished placing an order for a Limited, and it would only allow him to select the Etorque version of the Hemi. I'm not too concerned, I was a little worried about the reliability of the system, but after searching around, it appears to be a pretty trouble free system. It just sucks that they are charging for what should be a standard engine now, adding another 2500 to the price.

Michael_D

Reaction score
I purposely ordered my 2022 (Limited) without the E-torque. I have it in my 2019 and absolutely hate it. So much so, I installed an aftermarket widget to keep it disabled.

My order was confirmed on May 11. The build date continues to get punted out, but as of today, it is scheduled for assembly June 22.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It does other things than the auto restart…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But does it?
You get a 7 year warranty on your alternator (generator) so I guess it does that lol.

With auto start-stop disabled I don't think you can use the energy storage in the 48 volt pack?

I got e-torque but I kinda wished I didn't now as I don't use the features. But it doesn't really matter as there doesn't seem to be any downsides at least for 10 years before the battery dies and i'm stuck paying $2500 for a battery back assuming they don't stop making them like other manufactures have for hybrids.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes. You still get the off the line tq boost, and regen (engine braking) from it. Even when you “turn it off”

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes. You still get the off the line tq boost, and regen (engine braking) from it. Even when you “turn it off”

From what I read there is no torque boost, I have read and watched several articles state it's only the first half wheel turn after the start-stop (which explains why the truck goes flying forward when I take my foot off the brake when it stops without touching the gas) and the electric motor DOES NOT add to the total torque of the engine.

Also the regen doesn't mean anything if you aren't using the battery, in fact that means less mpg as you are slowing the vehicle to charge the battery (if you don't use auto start-stop that is).

Please quote your source of who is claiming the etorque kicks in to provide power with the auto start-stop disabled as every reputable source was very tight lipped and was clear it didn't provide power while actually driving only when stopped when the gas engine was off.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
From what I read there is no torque boost, I have read and watched several articles state it's only the first half wheel turn after the start-stop (which explains why the truck goes flying forward when I take my foot off the brake when it stops without touching the gas) and the electric motor DOES NOT add to the total torque of the engine.

Also the regen doesn't mean anything if you aren't using the battery, in fact that means less mpg as you are slowing the vehicle to charge the battery (if you don't use auto start-stop that is).

Please quote your source of who is claiming the etorque kicks in to provide power with the auto start-stop disabled as every reputable source was very tight lipped and was clear it didn't provide power while actually driving only when stopped when the gas engine was off.

Mine doesn’t fly forward, that sounds like an update issue.

Regen works as an engine brake reducing the amount of actual brake wear, have zero affect on mpg.

And if you have the system. You know, other than start/stop the truck feels the same with it on or off meaning it’s working even when you turn a.s.s off.

And there are tons of articles out there about it. The system is 3 years old, use google.

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mine doesn’t fly forward, that sounds like an update issue.

Regen works as an engine brake reducing the amount of actual brake wear, have zero affect on mpg.

And there are tons of articles out there about it. The system is 3 years old, use google.

I did use google and researched before I bought my truck.

There are no updates for my truck and flying forward is exactly like the videos and information I have read about confirm as the electric motor is assisting the first half a wheel turn in addition the the gas engine. I am not complaining about it flying forward, just a fact that it moves on it's own when i don't touch the gas which is normal on a 22 from everyone I see here.

Are you seriously talking about regen reducing brake wear.
New brakes are as cheap as an oil change or 2 that's so irreverent and definitely not a "pro" with the amount of gas you waste due to slowing down (again this is assuming you are keeping the auto start-stop off)

The stuff you are saying is not completely correct and you can't provide a source.

If you are going to claim to state facts and someone calls you out you should provide some evidence and sources instead of talking out your a$$.

Also to echo, title of thread is still fake news

Users who are viewing this thread