5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Let me know if those brackets work out. I just ordered a set of pro’s from that site, good find man! Always love a discount.
👍
will do

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you think with a cover like this you could get away with leaving it installed and having a dirtbike in the back, or would it need to be removed?
the canister takes a good 12 " of bed space or a little more. It is not difficult but not the easiest to remove.
wondering if a roll up kind would be best on your situation. like the bak revolver. probably best fit for the dirt bike and doesn't block the rear window.

blckout

Reaction score
it will work as it is a universal harness, before placing my order I did check that the sku number at quadratec match the sku number 557803 in the baja website and actually my order shipped direct from the baja warehouse. Quadatrec is just a jeep focus website

Awesome I’ll snag a pair and the brackets you mentioned

alphajaguars

Reaction score
the canister takes a good 12 " of bed space or a little more. It is not difficult but not the easiest to remove.
wondering if a roll up kind would be best on your situation. like the bak revolver. probably best fit for the dirt bike and doesn't block the rear window.
That's why I went with the X4s. I figured with the 5'7" bed I didn't want top loose 12" of it.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome I’ll snag a pair and the brackets you mentioned
fyi the brackets I got from rhrswag.com also free shipping and try the discount code putco might still work for a discount.
and last I read you might have to drill a bigger hole on these as they are meant to work with their putco lights.
I won't do my install until the weekend so I will find out then. But should not be a big issue regardless.
Better than the next bracket option going for as much as the lights- like $180 I think

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's why I went with the X4s. I figured with the 5'7" bed I didn't want top loose 12" of it.
I really like the x4 but I couldn't pass mine at $450 and these days I don't carry a ton of stuff on the bed or bulky items.
I figure if I needed to resell and swap into something else I could make my money back

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I didn't really do anything other than admire my truck in the garage. She's kinda becoming the tow/haul rig. Have decided to keep the Malibu I inherited from Mom.

However, I did finally get around to ordering the Hellwig rear sway bar. Summit has it for $326 shipped, but price matched O'Reilly's $311. Got it from Summit since I was ordering axles anyway.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does that one lock in with a pin or just snap in?
If it's like the Mopar one I have, it's just fun we plug that pushed in. Has a "collar" that goes around the receiver, so when you install the hitch it's still attached to receiver.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You dont like your bed do you? The plastic drop ins do almost as much damage to the paint as not having a bed liner at all
Don't care if I never see the bed paint again, it's not about the bed, it's about cargo. And unlike the spray-in stuff, this can easily be removed, modified, or replaced.

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
Does that one lock in with a pin or just snap in?

If it's like the Mopar one I have, it's just fun we plug that pushed in. Has a "collar" that goes around the receiver, so when you install the hitch it's still attached to receiver.
Just as HSKR said. The cap is friction fit with a retaining strap that stretches around the receiver tube.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you think with a cover like this you could get away with leaving it installed and having a dirtbike in the back, or would it need to be removed?
I guess it would depend on the length of the bike. I believe the cover box is about 8 yo 9 inches of space the would subtract ftom the bed length

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't care if I never see the bed paint again, it's not about the bed, it's about cargo. And unlike the spray-in stuff, this can easily be removed, modified, or replaced.
I just think he is trying to tell you that the drop in liners usually cause bed rot. This was years ago. Possibly different today. Definitely looks good and definitely will protect your bed from dings and scratches. Just check to make sure it isn’t wet underneath. They used to trap water which obviously caused premature rust and rot

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just think he is trying to tell you that the drop in liners usually cause bed rot. This was years ago. Possibly different today. Definitely looks good and definitely will protect your bed from dings and scratches. Just check to make sure it isn’t wet underneath. They used to trap water which obviously caused premature rust and rot
And they scratch the hell out of the bed, rubbing the paint off, which leads to rust

Users who are viewing this thread