5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Display screen bubbling

lawlavigne

Reaction score
Has anyone had issues with their 8.4 inch display screen bubbling? It's the best word to describe what I'm seeing. Almost as a layer is beginning to separate. It's smooth to the touch but very visible.

Reaction score
This is stupid and no offense, but is there a protective film on there you never peeled off?

That's actually a very valid question. My last smart phone - had for a good month and always felt like it had a tacky screen. Then one day got a massive scratch in it that broke my heart. Then I realized there was the factory cling wrap still on it. I didn't tell a soul this happened until now. And how many people still have the scratch film around the edges of the living room TV's :)

Burnzie

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there.... hand sanitizer (the alcohol in it). I'm relentless with it still, but I'm very careful not to spill it or touch anything till it's dry. You'd be amazed what a few drops of that crap will do to our leather interior,let alone a touchscreen.

lawlavigne

Reaction score
Good point. But I rarely ever use that stuff. Makes sense as to why it could harm the screen though.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
Too late now for you, but I put on a glass screen protector on mine on day 1. Just like one you would put on your phone. They sell them on Amazon.

You don't mention warranty, are you still under warranty? This could be a warranty item. I hope you get it resolved.

lawlavigne

Reaction score
Too late now for you, but I put on a glass screen protector on mine on day 1. Just like one you would put on your phone. They sell them on Amazon.

You don't mention warranty, are you still under warranty? This could be a warranty item. I hope you get it resolved.
It is under warranty. I've been wanting to go bring it in just been very busy. Also dealing with an exhaust leak I'll need to get checked out.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can you share a pic of what it looks like?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I dobt think an aftermarket screen protector would have prevented this.

blazenlo

Reaction score
Pretty common problem on Jeep Grand Cherokee group...I believe models built a few years ago. It will eventually make the touch screen wacky/unusable.

lawlavigne

Reaction score
Pretty common problem on Jeep Grand Cherokee group...I believe models built a few years ago. It will eventually make the touch screen wacky/unusable.
Well it's going into the shop next week. They better uphold the warranty to get it replaced or they won't like my attitude lol

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 132140 you can see in the top corners and how it goes down the side.
Touch screen digitizers are normally made of glass. I have never seen a digitizer delaminating and I work with them every day. That looks like precision cut screen protector to me. Stick a needle in one of the corners and try to lift it up.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Touch screen digitizers are normally made of glass. I have never seen a digitizer delaminating and I work with them every day. That looks like precision cut screen protector to me. Stick a needle in one of the corners and try to lift it up.
Our factory touchscreens are not glass

Users who are viewing this thread