5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No more 5.7 Hemi without E Torque

Ctmaz68

Reaction score
I was placing my order this past Thursday for a Limited, and was informed that the only engine options that can be ordered on Limited were 5.7 E-Torque and the 3.0 EcoDiesel. Also, they are now charging $2795 for the 5.7 E-Torque, even though the regular 5.7 was standard and the E-Torque was a no cost option. So essentially, the truck price has been increased $2795. I guess as we get to the end of the production run, there will be changes. I am still getting a great deal from MD on this truck, so no complaints. I am glad I made the switch from Laramie to the Limited, I like all the toys and figure this will probably be the last new vehicle I buy, so why not have what I want. Hoping the time trend continues on Limited's and she gets built pretty fast.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, it sucks. My best guess is they’re trying to transition to the hurricane engine so they’re phasing out all the hemi options over time.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was placing my order this past Thursday for a Limited, and was informed that the only engine options that can be ordered on Limited were 5.7 E-Torque and the 3.0 EcoDiesel. Also, they are now charging $2795 for the 5.7 E-Torque, even though the regular 5.7 was standard and the E-Torque was a no cost option. So essentially, the truck price has been increased $2795. I guess as we get to the end of the production run, there will be changes. I am still getting a great deal from MD on this truck, so no complaints. I am glad I made the switch from Laramie to the Limited, I like all the toys and figure this will probably be the last new vehicle I buy, so why not have what I want. Hoping the time trend continues on Limited's and she gets built pretty fast.

That's not what it's showing on the Ram website. Sounds like your dealer is trying to rip you off.

Screenshot_20220611-132834_Chrome.jpg

Idahoktm

Reaction score
you have been here long enough to know the ram web site is slow to respond.

Actually, for my order the website was very accurate. About 2 weeks had passed since Ram changed from Level 2 to Level B and the website already had those changes.

I did miss that he's buying from Mark Dodge. They definitely wouldn't give him bad info.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
As far as the Stellantis CEO mentioned, there are no plans to phase out the 5.7L Hemi, though he didn't say they weren't to go limit it's packaging or force the most efficient version to be the only option.

I'll just be glad you can still get a Hemi 5.7L in the immediate future.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
“By 2025, all vehicles in the Ram lineup will have some degree of electrification, Koval told investors during an event to outline the future EV plans of Stellantis”

cleigh

Reaction score
That's not what it's showing on the Ram website. Sounds like your dealer is trying to rip you off.

View attachment 131853
The website still allows a hemi and a 6'4 box. But when I ordered from MD on 5/17 the 6'4 box ordering had closed, so I could only get a 5'7 box with that engine.

The website shows possible options for the year, not current ordering options.

HAL9001

Reaction score
“By 2025, all vehicles in the Ram lineup will have some degree of electrification, Koval told investors during an event to outline the future EV plans of Stellantis”
I would like to see a RAM hybrid as well as a full electric. Let's face it, if high gas prices are here to stay we need some form of relief. 17 mpg or less is tough going as prices exceed $5 per gallon.

Neil McCauley

Reaction score
Have to admire the strategy- instead addressing a product's shortcomings, just make it obligatory.

"Mr. Pepsi CEO, our diet sodas are losing popularity, people don't like the taste."

:unsure:

"Discontinue the non-diet sodas."

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I would like to see a RAM hybrid as well as a full electric. Let's face it, if high gas prices are here to stay we need some form of relief. 17 mpg or less is tough going as prices exceed $5 per gallon.

I think that's part of the 3.0L Hurricane plan, it's designed to be part of a hybrid system. A plug-in hybrid in future RAMs is what I would like to see, drive electric for the short gas guzzling trips, and the gas engine when needed for fun, off-roading, towing, etc.

I would love a Hemi-Hybrid, but it's not designed for that or have the emissions to be a future gas engine for Stellantis.

U

User_3336

The EXTRA $$$ you'd spend for a hybrid or full electric would probably be THOUSANDS (thousands) more than you're spending extra in gas right now.

brewdad

Reaction score
When I tried to order a Rebel on 5 May, only the e-Torque Hemi was offered; on that day, the standard Hemi was still available on Limited trim & this is why I ordered a Limited. When the new 3.0L inline engine is available for the Ram, we will have no choice when selecting either standard or high output variants---both are standard start/stop systems with a secondary 200 amp battery. I am guessing these inline engines will be available in the mid-cycle refresh 2024 Ram when production begins in September 2023.

Nannni

Reaction score
What happened with the deposit? Did it roll on to your new order or you had to do another $1000?

Nannni

Reaction score
What happened with the deposit? Did it roll on to your new order or you had to do another $1000?
I ordered the 6'4 bed but for some reason its a delay i am thinking about ordering a GT edition laramie.

HAL9001

Reaction score
The EXTRA $$$ you'd spend for a hybrid or full electric would probably be THOUSANDS (thousands) more than you're spending extra in gas right now.
Where I live, I would get a $7500 Federal tax rebate, a $2500 State cash rebate, and a $2400 electric company cash rebate on a hybrid or full electric. That goes a long way to offset the cost, especially seeing that the Ford Lightning costs around the same as my RAM Limited.

Scram1500

Reaction score
Where I live, I would get a $7500 Federal tax rebate, a $2500 State cash rebate, and a $2400 electric company cash rebate on a hybrid or full electric. That goes a long way to offset the cost, especially seeing that the Ford Lightning costs around the same as my RAM Limited.
The tax payer gets to fork over $10,000? I think it's time to quit working

Users who are viewing this thread