5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

do all 5th gen 1500 rams have dual exhaust?

GregHBNA

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
5th gen Big Horn Hemi and up have the dual exhaust. Never seen a Tradesman with dual, only 1 pipe.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Only the Hemi 1500 has dual exhaust. Both V6 have single, and 2500+ have single.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No. Not all 5th Gen Ram trucks have dual exhaust.

The V6 gas trucks do not. Tradesman with any engine do not.(certain packages do add them to the Hemi Tradesman) Screenshot_20220610-223957.png

GregHBNA

Reaction score
Only the Hemi 1500 has dual exhaust. Both V6 have single, and 2500+ have single.
not necessarily. A 5th gen Tradesman with a Hemi does not have the dual exhaust.

Chris_Topher

Reaction score
Twice recently, my wife and I have seen a Laramie (based on tailgate badge) parked in on the street while we were walking in our neighborhood. It caught our eye because it looks identical to my Laramie. However, I noticed right away that it did not have dual exhaust. Completely different rear bumper without the cutouts for the dual tips but still had parking sensors. The hood badge was different where mine says 1500 Hemi etorque, this one only said 1500. My initial thought was diesel but quick research showed they have dual. So can a Laramie have the v6? I thought 5.7 was standard. My wife did not understand why I was so concerned 🤣

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Twice recently, my wife and I have seen a Laramie (based on tailgate badge) parked in on the street while we were walking in our neighborhood. It caught our eye because it looks identical to my Laramie. However, I noticed right away that it did not have dual exhaust. Completely different rear bumper without the cutouts for the dual tips but still had parking sensors. The hood badge was different where mine says 1500 Hemi etorque, this one only said 1500. My initial thought was diesel but quick research showed they have dual. So can a Laramie have the v6? I thought 5.7 was standard. My wife did not understand why I was so concerned 🤣
you can get a Laramie with a V6, so it would have single exhaust.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Laramie. V6 Gas. Single dual exhaust.

Edit: my mind was thinking no dual exhaust.
My fingers where thinking it is a single exhaust. Good times.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220611-214504.png
    Screenshot_20220611-214504.png
    260.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Well, in reality they are all single exhaust systems, with a single pipe and muffler.

The difference is some have a muffler with a Y-Pipe to leads to two tips and two resonators, instead of just one.

All our "dual exhaust" trucks are faking it for looks, at least the single tip systems are genuine. Though not complaining, I rather like the look :)

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Well, in reality they are all single exhaust systems, with a single pipe and muffler.

The difference is some have a muffler with a Y-Pipe to leads to two tips and two resonators, instead of just one.

All our "dual exhaust" trucks are faking it for looks, at least the single tip systems are genuine. Though not complaining, I rather like the look :)
come on you know what what I am referring to:):):)

Idahoktm

Reaction score

Yep, the Ram dual tip exhaust looks pretty good. Much better than the fake rectangle exhaust tips mounted to the bottom of the GMC bumpers.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
come on you know what what I am referring to:):):)

Absolutely, I just went off on a tangent there, mainly because I've owned quite a few fake "dual exhaust", most recently on my F-body Camaro. I kinda dislike that it's done for the looks, but then again, I like how it looks and prefer it over a single even though it's fake.

Users who are viewing this thread