5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I got some TRX take offs on my Rebel

ya3coub

Reaction score
I am looking at putting stock-ish tires (33s) on theTRX bead lock rims as well. Has anyone done this?

This is the way it should be if you want proper function without lifting or spacers.

Yes I’ve learned the hard way stock tires works perfectly.

Mine are 34.3”, stock size of 275/70/18 will work without any problems at all even without any lift, you’re fine.

Just share the photos so the rest can see how it looks like.

WhiteZombie

Reaction score
This is the way it should be if you want proper function without lifting or spacers.

Yes I’ve learned the hard way stock tires works perfectly.

Mine are 34.3”, stock size of 275/70/18 will work without any problems at all even without any lift, you’re fine.

Just share the photos so the rest can see how it looks like.
Thanks for the information and I agree. All TRX rims are 9Jx18 with an offset of 19mm. All 2019-2022 non-classic 1500s with the 5.7L have 8Jx18, 9Jx20 or 9Jx22 rims. All of which have an offset of 19mm as well. See link below. The TRX rims will fit no problem.

Y’all can’t run 35x12 inch tires on these trucks without a lift. The maximum tire size is 33 inches. Not sure how wide we can get but I would stick real close to 11 inches. I wouldn’t run spacers between the wheel hub and the rim either. No vehicles are designed for that.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I put on TRX wheels yesterday with 35" x 12.5" BFG tires and they do not touch the control arm, stick out past the fenders or rub anywhere - NO WHEEL SPACERS. I have a 2" strut spacer in the front and a 2" coil spacer in the rear (both for sale). FYI - I am painting the beadlock rings so that is why they do not have bolts on in the picture.

View attachment 126219 View attachment 126220
It appears your truck has the Off-Road Package, which is relevant information.

WhiteZombie

Reaction score
It actually doesn’t yet… it just has a stock suspension. I added the stickers when I ordered a 3” lift from Icon which hasn’t been installed. What you see in the picture is my truck with a stock suspension and 2” strut and coil spacers. I also added skid plates and an Eaton Detroit Truetrac for the rear end. Super capable and I get to keep my 4WD Auto.
Post some pictures after you install the icon lift.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I put on TRX wheels yesterday with 35" x 12.5" BFG tires and they do not touch the control arm, stick out past the fenders or rub anywhere - NO WHEEL SPACERS. I have a 2" strut spacer in the front and a 2" coil spacer in the rear (both for sale). FYI - I am painting the beadlock rings so that is why they do not have bolts on in the picture.

View attachment 126219 View attachment 126220
Hmmmmm.....I kinda like them without the beadlock ring and maybe just the screws in. Just my opinion.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am just dumbfounded that someone would spend $80,000+ on a TRX and replace the tires and wheels within the first month.

Where do people find this kind of money?
I’d like to know who got their TRX for 80k. I’m pretty sure your looking at minimum of 100k unless you get no options and a crazy deal from the dealership. I’ve seen them marked up to 140k

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’d like to know who got their TRX for 80k. I’m pretty sure your looking at minimum of 100k unless you get no options and a crazy deal from the dealership. I’ve seen them marked up to 140k
That markup is the real kicker. The stealership I bought my last truck from had two TRX’s that were both $77,000 and a $25,000 markup. Add the ultra aggressive F&I manager to the mix and it makes for somebody’s wallet getting way lighter than it needs to be.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If money wasn’t an issue which I have to believe is the situation for TRX owners I would have gotten one. Obviously besides having a 100k truck you will be getting between 10-12 mpgs. I would have gotten one myself. Lol if I knew I was gonna go out and by a commuter car and than put a 10k dollar lift kit/wheel tire combo on my truck I might have gone that route. I’m into my rebel about 85k. It’s my only toy. That’s my only justification 😂😂😂. I’ll let you guys know what my mpgs are once I get my truck back. She’s been in the shop getting her lift and tires. I’m probably gonna be somewhere in the 15-16 range.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Picked up a set of TRX wheels today and going through fitment issues right now. Curious if anyone has a similar setup. I may be able to resolve by grinding off some metal tabs and plastic mods behind the wheel, but might be better off ordering and awaiting smaller wheel spacers.

My setup:
Laramie with ORP (rebel height)
Leveled front with Bilstein 5100s in #4 clip
Wheel spacers are 2” (I now recall changing from 1.5” to 2”)

Current situation:
Put front TRX wheel on and have a very small rub on front wheel well liner. Massive interference with back little plastic mud guard. Pulled the guard and have very small clearance to plastic fender flare, interference with metal tab, and wheel liner.

I’m sure I can modify the interferences, but would I completely resolve interference issues with a 1.5” wheel spacer instead?
87d747fb9ff070c4f023ea8d62279267.jpg

e4bb10a42e5248700273e6fcbb3eff4f.jpg

Last edited:

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up a set of TRX wheels today and going through fitment issues right now. Curious if anyone has a similar setup. I may be able to resolve by grinding off some metal tabs and plastic mods behind the wheel, but might be better off ordering and awaiting smaller wheel spacers.

My setup:
Laramie with ORP (rebel height)
Leveled front with Bilstein 5100s in #4 clip
Wheel spacers are 2” (I now recall changing from 1.5” to 2”)

Current situation:
Put front TRX wheel on and have a very small rub on front wheel well liner. Massive interference with back little plastic mud guard. Pulled the guard and have very small clearance to plastic fender flare, interference with metal tab, and wheel liner.

I’m sure I can modify the interferences, but would I completely resolve interference issues with a 1.5” wheel spacer instead?
87d747fb9ff070c4f023ea8d62279267.jpg

e4bb10a42e5248700273e6fcbb3eff4f.jpg
My opinion: Measure 1/4” in and see where it contacts. I say 1/4” because with the weight of you behind the wheel, the left side will sag a little more. That should let you know if the 1.5” spacer will work. Or put someone heavy in the driver’s seat when you have a full tank of gas and measure how far in on the tire would not make contact.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s what I have on my truck. The TRX tire is bigger then a 35x12.5, but that size will fit fine with a 2” strut spacer or a new coilover. The amount of people that can’t figure this out blows my mind. I’ve blasted this all over the forum and you guys still don’t believe it.

The TRX tire is 34.6” to your 35”, and 12.8” width to your 12.5”… so I’m 0.15” wider per side with my clearance problem, but smaller diameter so it’s very close to even match. Buying 35x12.5s isn’t solving the issue I have.

I already have over 3” of lift, so I’m beyond the 2” you’ve recommended.

My problem is with my wheel spacers at 2”, which makes my turn radius larger and is definitely contributing in a major way to my clearance issue. I ordered some 1.5” spacers that will be here tomorrow and I’ll try them on for fit to make sure it resolves my issue before I go to cutting on the truck any further.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Take the wheel spacers off then.

To be honest I didn’t even try that since there are plenty of pics above of people showing UCA interference with no wheel spacers and TRX tires.

I’ll report back tomorrow after test fitting with the 1.5” spacers.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got it up and running today. Specs as follows:
Ram 1500 Laramie ORP (+1”)
Front leveled (+2”)
Wheel spacers: 1.5” front, 2” back
Removed front mud flaps
Pulled front wheel liners in with zip ties
Ram TRX factory wheels and 325/65/18 tires

6e1a69bfface7e51719f1ad9f503be61.jpg

e1c30ad9b3c166923c8fa9fe71e598c3.jpg

TunerSteve

Reaction score
Strong work! Looks great. I’m gonna do the 3/4 spacer for now and see. Likely adding a 3.5” lift (net 2.5” gain) over time.
Did you end up doing the 3/4 inch spacer instead? About to throw some take offs on as well and wanted the smallest spacer possibe.

Tony619

Reaction score
Got it up and running today. Specs as follows:
Ram 1500 Laramie ORP (+1”)
Front leveled (+2”)
Wheel spacers: 1.5” front, 2” back
Removed front mud flaps
Pulled front wheel liners in with zip ties
Ram TRX factory wheels and 325/65/18 tires

6e1a69bfface7e51719f1ad9f503be61.jpg

e1c30ad9b3c166923c8fa9fe71e598c3.jpg
Did the 1.5” spacer resolve ur issue of hitting the inner fender well and metal tab? I have 2” spacers and want to try 1.5 wheel spacers to see if it’ll stop the clearance issue.

ALT_F13

Reaction score
Did the 1.5” spacer resolve ur issue of hitting the inner fender well and metal tab? I have 2” spacers and want to try 1.5 wheel spacers to see if it’ll stop the clearance issue.
Yes, I run 1.5" spacers with no issues. There is nothing even close to rubbing in the front.

Users who are viewing this thread