5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Chat was very vague on info for my truck so contacted my dealer. They took a screenshot of what they see on that end. Much more info but still leaves me in the dark. 😖

EDBADD3F-CD1E-41DF-A93A-72853318FE19.jpeg

All I know is it’s been built with no ETA for delivery.

johncolts54

Reaction score
2514 Build Sheets found today. 5 more forum members with trucks starting production! Congratulations to @Intercepter800, @Bigman621, @johncolts54, @NYLONGHORN, @kissmysta

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
332728 @Intercepter800XOntarioSilverLimited
334241 @Bigman621XWisconsinSilverLaramie
345062 @johncolts54XOhioPatriotLimited
346404 @NYLONGHORNXNew YorkIvoryLonghorn
356288 @kissmystaXGeorgiaBlackLimited
Totally appreciate the things you do on here, looks complicated to us non tech people! Another step in the process. Again Thank you!

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Just curious about the timing of production and Build sheet and Window sticker. Asking this because my build sheet was issued one day and the window sticker the next day. My build sheet was issued on Friday 5/13 and window sticker on Saturday 5/14. And this included going to the accessory plant to have the Bed Utility Group installed. I know it has been posted that target production is around 1,400 trucks per day, but I do not know the number of "steps" it takes to build the truck.

Does anyone know how long it takes for a truck to be produced ?
  • No accessories, just normal production line.
  • From very start to finish off the line

Is the Build sheet issued before the truck starts production or after some point in production ?
  • Triple B normally says "5 more forum members with trucks starting production" when he finds a build sheet
Is the Window sticker issued after the truck is totally finished and ready to be shipped ?
  • Triple B normally says " 2 more forum members with trucks on the way!" when he finds a window sticker

@triple_B , @Eighty , @RamCares
let me try

triple_b states "starting production" as a catch all phrase, I believe so posters will not feel truck is completely completed.

when he says "trucks on the way" it means it is completely completed.

it takes about two days to assemble a truck at the sterling heights assemble plant but is only takes about 8 minutes to put all the parts together
first flat sheet metal has to be formed into truck body and doors and bed then it has to be painted
after that it takes about 8 minutes to run down the assembly line with a factory goal of 52 or so trucks per hour

watch this

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
So.... just got told that the truck they resubmitted for order, that I want allowed to change anything on, that was replacing the truck from order#1, which was stolen and wrecked....hit KZP status today. Kind of confused how truck order#2, which is almost identical to truck#1, can be sitting at the body vendor when replacement truck for order#1 suddenly passes it by and is on the verge of being shipped. (If any of that makes sense)

Anyone want to try and explain that one? 🤔

Edit: I never added the replacement truck VIN to the tracker.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
So.... just got told that the truck they resubmitted for order, that I want allowed to change anything on, that was replacing the truck from order#1, which was stolen and wrecked....hit KZP status today. Kind of confused how truck order#2, which is almost identical to truck#1, can be sitting at the body vendor when replacement truck for order#1 suddenly passes it by and is on the verge of being shipped. (If any of that makes sense)

nothing has made any sense this model year.

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score

Oh.... another fun fact.......every website that could give me a build sheet or window sticker won't pop one up for the replacement trucker from order#1

bigmac5166

Reaction score
I ordered a Laramie from MD on May 3rd. Hopefully this bodes well for mine.

Ordered my Laramie 4/16. Was built super fast with a build sheet on 5/2. Been at the body vendor for two weeks now. Could still easily show up within the next month, but I’ve learned to expect a stage or two to take longer than you would think between this truck and my Wrangler order last year.

johncolts54

Reaction score
Wow, Build Sheet and later a Window Sticker same day, wasn't expecting that! Might be here first week in June at this pace. Like I stated before, I cannot imagine the work involved TripleB, Eighty and whoever else puts into this or even how the setup works. But, I for one and the people on here really appreciate that there is people like you to do things for us. But again, thanks again.....John

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Same info, in the chart. No new additions.

Picture1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread